Interrupting our regularly scheduled program

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
I've been putting together a presentation for some kids at camp...trying to teach them all about reef tanks...

I found some incredible pics...thought I'd share...

Several pics to follow...be patient, I'm slow!

Some green star polyps...beautiful, but they WILL take over your tank...I know!
smile.gif

softcorals9.jpg

Most colorful coral I've ever seen...this stuff grows all over my tank, but not this brilliant!

softcorals8.jpg

This is more like what I have growing freely...still pretty, but I'd rather have some of that up there!
smile.gif

softcorals11.jpg

This is called frogspawn...easy to maintain and comes in all colors...

hard_coral16_frogspawn.jpg

Some of the easiest corals to maintain, and some of the cheapest and most prolific!! Yeah, that's what I like!
biggrin.gif

Mushroom corals...

mushrooms2.jpg

A clam...guy I buy coral/supplies from had a clam that was about 10 years old...it was about the size of a football and cost thousands...

clam3.jpg

One of the most expensive fish you can buy for your tank...can't have him with corals though; he eats 'em!

A Picasso Trigger fish

trigger_Picasso.jpg

Moorish Idol...very beautiful, especially when seen in groups of a hundred or more...they're not very good tank fish; hard to keep alive because of a more specialized diet...

fish_moorishidol.jpg

One of my favorite fish...can't have him in the tank either...he pulverizes coral!

Whenever we get in the water in the Keys, you can hear them by the dozens, munching on coral...

fish_parrot.jpg

Very nice pics, Michelle! Lot different from the normal ones that we see. Lots of aquatic posts this week!
rock.gif

An emerald crab...I bought 1/2 dozen of these and never saw them again...I think another BIGGER guy got 'em...

inverts_emeraldcrab2.jpg

Back