Tear Down In Progress Need Help...

Yes, I will be doing some general cleaning and maintenance over the next week or so while she is out for paint...Installing new Brake pads, new K&N Air Filter, HiFlo Oil Filter, New Oil, Front Forks being serviced, new front spring, lowering etc...

Also a good cleaning...

Clean that naked baby up while you wait. Good job on the tear down. Be careful putting the nose back on. Plastic clips inside break if you're not careful...:whistle:

Clean that naked baby up while you wait. Good job on the tear down. Be careful putting the nose back on. Plastic clips inside break if you're not careful...:whistle:

If your referring to those flimsy pieces of crap that hold the ram air covers in place...Flimsy is definitely the word for them....One is laying on my work bench...Ill be getting a good dosing of Gorrila Glue post paint...

Does anyone have any advice on a good brand of cleaning agent to use on the wheels and frame?

I use simple green to clean alot of things. Use the regualr one because their "maximum strength" one stinks.

Man, wish I'd seen this post sooner but it looks like you've got her done. If you're thinking about some other mods I'm happy to let you check them out on mine before you buy. I've got them listed in my signature.

Jake...I want to see your Buell Peg Mod...also your Helibars...How hard were the Braided lines to install>??

on the ram air duct grills ..you can use a soldering gun very carefully to melt them into the plastic permanently....then they will never move again

on the ram air duct grills ..you can use a soldering gun very carefully to melt them into the plastic permanently....then they will never move again

Mine look like they were Hot Glue Gunned to the inside edge of the fairing...

Ok so the Exhaust is off, and now im looking at taking off the front forks to have the fluid replaced and the seals redone...also upgrading to a higher density spring for my weight load over the factory set up...Any tips tricks to getting the front forks off???

Loosen the pinch bolts, the forks should slide right out of the tree...

Loosen the pinch bolts, the forks should slide right out of the tree...

Sweet...Any Suggestions for holding the bike up while I do this???
So far its the strap to the ceiling method....Unless a better method is recommended...:banghead:

So far today I got the Rear Brake Pads done...Got my shipment in today from CycleBrakes.com Three sets of EBC HH pads...WOOT...

Backs are done and now on to the fronts...WOOT...

Oh I just ordered the K&N Air Filter Online as well it shuold be here next week...I here alot about Air Box mods...???? What advantages/Disadavantages??? I am getting my Slip ons here in a day or two that combined with the new airfilter Im hoping should help the breathing of the engine...Will I need a PC3 at this point or can I still hold off a while...

All the brakes are finally done, the exhaust is off and now Im about to go pick up the new exhaust..I checked out the CF Yoshis but they were pretty tore up...So Im checking out another set of Silver RS3's tonight...If these are a bust...I guess I will get the Brocks Megaphones...tomorrow...

Alright, another progress update...The New RS3 Exhaust is installed and looking real good...I made my own Cherry Picker to hoist the front end of the bike up in the air so I could remove the front wheel and forks so I can send them out to be suped up a bit...

New Fork Seals, New Fork Oil, Higher Compression Springs - Ohlins I think we are doing but am not 100% yet...also got all the brake pads swapped out...Rocking the EBC HH's thanks again to Cycle Brakes for the great service...

Well enough yapping...heres some new pics...

IMG_3174.jpg

IMG_3175.jpg

IMG_3176.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

IMG_3173.jpg

IMG_3170.jpg

Alright the new K&N Air Filter was delivered by the UPS Guy today...WOOT...Its installed...I heard back from the painters today, he has started paint prep and the base coat should be applied by the end of the weekend...the airbrushing will start early next week...

Back