08-busa project

The seat is done, made using a stock seat pan...getting close.. :whistle:

SEAT.jpg

A quick bench flow check to be sure everything is working properly.

th_100_3162.jpg

Greg,

Thanks for commenting no airbox cutting was needed. (Even since this is a 1441!) I think I have that right.

(fwiw - Earlier I metinoned the F1 sound - It is high pitched and Raspy (ONLY at WFO - down low is incredibly deep)) I have a r77 on my gen 2 busa))

Any comments on how much better the pipercross filter flows better than stock? OR - Do you think this filter add's any benefit to a stock size mill with stock cams?

Greg,

Thanks for commenting no airbox cutting was needed. (Even since this is a 1441!) I think I have that right.

(fwiw - Earlier I metinoned the F1 sound - It is high pitched and Raspy (ONLY at WFO - down low is incredibly deep)) I have a r77 on my gen 2 busa))

Any comments on how much better the pipercross filter flows better than stock? OR - Do you think this filter add's any benefit to a stock size mill with stock cams?
Yep just a lil ole 1441... I have a dash cam for it hopefully we will get some cool images and sounds throughout 2009... :beerchug:

Great build Greg. Almost everything I'd like to do to an 08'. Really like the 1441. :thumbsup:

Great build Greg. Almost everything I'd like to do to an 08'. Really like the 1441. :thumbsup:
I built 12 bikes from scratch this winter and this one is not the strongest out of the group on the dyno but it will run some numbers...from what I undestand, if it runs around 217 MPH in the standing mile in street trim....its fast. :thumbsup:

Greg,

Only mod was the plugging of the REED valve air box return tube, it was plugged with a rubber plug.

Why the Gi-Pro on a Gen-II and what's up with the seat...?

Any numbers yet...? :beerchug:
Its for a gear indicator only. The seat is for keeping put under acceleration. We will have numbers at the first race in Texas next month.

The Gen-II has a factory gear indicator....? What kind of dyno numbers with the 1441 w/without spray...?

The Gen-II has a factory gear indicator....? What kind of dyno numbers with the 1441 w/without spray...?
I wanted the indicator on there so it is, its an extra unit I had laying around here. Our arm just arrived yesterday so I will get it all tuned over the next two weeks when the wheels show up. :beerchug:

Back