Tear Down In Progress Need Help...

Salty

Registered
Hey everyone, Im in the process of tearing down the BUSA to send out all plastics for paint...I have everything but the gas tank, front fender and the front fairing off and ready to go...

1st question...
How do I get the Cables Un hooked from the front fender so I can pull it off the wheel. Yes I have undone the 6 screws that hold it in place already...

2nd question...
Can someone please give me step by step on taking off the front fairing...
So far I have removed the Windscreen and unscrewed the two screws that I could see at the top section of the front fairing stay...I have removed the lower under fairing as well as all the shielding around the front fairing...

I see two more fairing screws under the Air Intakes but cannot get to them...Do I need to remove the Ram Air Ducts to get to them?

Well thats about it for now...
Please help...

Ive only had mine off once and I didnt have to remove the air intakes so no you dont

Sorry I should have been more specific, Mirrors are off, the windshield is off, the two side screws that mount the HUD are unscrewed, the two screws to the upper fairing connections are undone, the Black Underside of the front nose are undone and has been removed..

IMG_3154.jpg

IMG_3153.jpg

IMG_3156.jpg

Last edited:
here ya go, I have taken mine apart about 100 times, your front cowling(nose) is ready to come off now just pull the sides out away from the mirror mounts and it will come right out...!

fuel tank removal.jpg

cowling.jpg

fastener.jpg

frame cover.jpg

under cowling.jpg

Last edited:
the plastic clips on the brake lines on the front fender have to be pinched together and pushed back out from the underside of the fender....

Let me know if you're still having issues - I can try and swing by on Sunday... You're up in North KC, right?

Last edited:
Thank you everyone...
OMSLAW...I will send you a PM if I cannot get the rest taken down...Yes Im up north, 169 and NW Cookingham In Nashua....

OK the Front Fairing is off, now to get the Front Fender unclipped...Gas tank will be easy...unfortunately I have to wait for a friend to come over and help me drain it..I forgot to run it empty before starting this project...DOPE...:rofl:

the plastic clips on the brake lines on the front fender have to be pinched together and pushed back out from the underside of the fender....

I have the two brake lines pulled out by depressing the clips...I cannot get the side mount clip released though, it appears to have two small holes to perhaps allen wrenchs but I cannot find anything to fit....what am I missing here...???

oh i forgot about the side clip that is actually rivited on...you will in fact have to drill out the rivits on that one, go very very slow and you may want to tape the area around it up real heavy with thick tape incase you slip with the drill

oh i forgot about the side clip that is actually rivited on...you will in fact have to drill out the rivits on that one, go very very slow and you may want to tape the area around it up real heavy with thick tape incase you slip with the drill

Seriously riveted on...thats stupid...especially when you have to take the front fender off to change the front tire...What a bad design element...

you dont have to take the front fender off to change the front tire....the wheel comes out from under it

nooooo!!!! Stopppppp!!!!!!

You don't want to drill that clip off.

Tape the lowest part of the leg and stanchion. Also tape the hook clip.

With everything ready to remove, you can slide this hook clip (the one that is riveted on the fender) underneath the fork leg.

It WILL be a tight squeeze, but you can make it. Take your time once it is off and grind the rivets from the inside of the fender so you make minimal gouging.

This will make removal and installation a piece of cake for any time in the future.

Just a better way to do it.

You don't want to drill that clip off.

Tape the lowest part of the leg and stanchion. Also tape the hook clip.

With everything ready to remove, you can slide this hook clip (the one that is riveted on the fender) underneath the fork leg.

It WILL be a tight squeeze, but you can make it. Take your time once it is off and grind the rivets from the inside of the fender so you make minimal gouging.

This will make removal and installation a piece of cake for any time in the future.

Just a better way to do it.
yes def a better way to go thx ....

Back