Michelin Power Races

OK Gixx1300R, I'm bumping this thread cause I want to know the message/point of your post #17? Raydog

Raydog,I just waiting for all of the "Tire Experts" to chime in.

190set.jpg

PowerRacePR3_7.jpg
[/QUOTE]

OK what you see here are 2 Michelin Power Race tires. One is a PR3 and the other just says Medium/Soft. The Michelin Power Race PR3 tires are not availible to the public. You can only get them from a Michelin Road race tire dealer. The other Michelin in the picture is a street tire that can be purchased by the public. It is designed to operate on the street with it's dual compound (soft on the edges to give maximum grip at 55 degree or more lean angle and medium in the center to give max acceleration. Both tires are D.O.T approved. D.O.T testing consist of Fatigue and Dynamic Durability,High speed Durability testing(up to 230mph for Z rated tires for several hours).Rolling resistance,Coast-down rolling resistance,X-ray and Shearography non-destructive analysis ,Bead Unseat with Load deflection and footprint evaluations ,Dynamic Impact testing ,Strain Gaging ,Hydroburst Testing - Strength studies for tires and wheels. Instron Studies - Rubber-to-cord adhesion, strength and elongation.

I'd say don't do it. Get you some PP 2C2s, BT-016s, Dunlop Qualifiers, Pirelli Corsa 3s, Metzler M3s, any of these will work much better on the street.

Maybe at the Gap, with warmers, on a no cops, no traffic, bike on your knee every corner day.. but otherwise, your way better off with any of the above.
x10000

I just put one on mine it was 136.00? im running the medium 2 compound and i go straight. They sppppiiiiinnnn for me i can get it to hook but it looks better than running cords

Back