How about a ride?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Weather permitting, I'd like to propose a lil ride in and around the south bay area for Feb 21 or 22. The riders coming from the farthest away (Sac area probably) can decide which day, but decide before that weekend OK?

Its about 240 miles round trip freeway from Wilton or the general Sacramento area to say, Woodside, at the 84/280 junction and I can take you on any number of rides taking in some coastal area as well as some very nice tree lined two lanes (you've seen the pics). One route in particular I have in mind is about a good tankful, 170 miles or so starting at Alice's (or nearby) and ending back up at Alice's. There can of course, be variations.

We could meet at the small park & ride lot at the 84/280 turnoff on the left heading west on 84 just off 280. About 120 miles for you and 30 for me. For you mapquest guys, Alice's addy is 17288 Skyline Blvd. Woodside, CA. but the actual Woodside proper is closer to the 84/280 turnoff. Alice's is just a few miles up the hill from the park & ride lot. We'll hit Alice's for a short walkaround and then ride to the coast in a round about way (Bill in Marin knows the way) and down 1 to Davenport for lunch or a snack and then past Santa Cruz and then maybe thru Watsonville and over Mt Madonna and back north, west of Morgan Hill to Bailey Rd. and then a short run on the freeway and then thru Los Gatos and Monte Sereno (hoy-paloy) and then Skyline Blvd back to Alice's for a late lunch or dessert! Your call. If that loop is too long we can turn north on 9 at Santa Cruz and ride 9 to 35 (Skyline) and then to Alices's, again, your call when we get there. Its all good riding.

Depending on when you want to reach 84/280 in the morning, you may have to ride partially back after dark so take that into consideration. These winter days end too soon to suit me and I can't wait for summer evening rides. Lately sundown is just before 6:00 p.m.

So, what say ye? Any takers? 200-400 mile days for me are the norm. I frequently ride down to Morro Bay or Cambria and then back up past Big Sur and Monterey to home and its about a 400 mile circle. Leave after daylight and get back before dark. You distance riders will just have to endure around 200+ miles of freeway like I did when I rode up that way for the ride to Jackson with Bill, Ozz, Boss, Vmax and the rest of the gang.

Great, you're only about 60 miles away. Let's all have good weather dreams...:bowdown: because the 10 day forecaast thru the 18th is rain. That leaves only 3-4 days or less, of good weather to dry out the roads. I know you want to ride this one and smell the ocean breeze....:bowdown:

MISC 001 (Medium).jpg

MISC 107 (Medium).jpg

I am Inn.......... Just thinkin though ???? Might take the Weekend off. Ride up SAT night and stay at a Local Hotel. Then Ride all day Sunday then Ride home..........Just a thought ??? OZZ, OZZ2, Gene, Greyrocket(Yeah Right)........Pardini, Want to Share a Room ?

All Else Fails I am going and it will be a Long Ride !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :super:

Let's do it Terry !!!

I am Inn.......... Just thinkin though ???? Might take the Weekend off. Ride up SAT night and stay at a Local Hotel. Then Ride all day Sunday then Ride home..........Just a thought ??? OZZ, OZZ2, Gene, Greyrocket(Yeah Right)........Pardini, Want to Share a Room ?

All Else Fails I am going and it will be a Long Ride !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :super:

Let's do it Terry !!!

Can't do the pajama party Boss. Hosting a poker party Sat night. Otherwise, you know I'd spend the night. :poke:

I will roll out in the pre dawn hours for an early rally point.

Did someone say 400+ miles? Sure would be nice to have a big comfy Kawi for that kind of outing :laugh:.

There just happens to be a Motel 6 in Belmont at 1101 Shoreway Rd right on/off 101 about 10 miles from the 84/280 junction at Woodside, the start of the ride. Double Queen bed rooms are about $50. That would take 120 miles off the Sunday ride right there! Come to think of it, we might be able to visit hiway 25 with the extra road time!!!!!:bowdown:

There just happens to be a Motel 6 in Belmont at 1101 Shoreway Rd right on/off 101 about 10 miles from the 84/280 junction at Woodside, the start of the ride. Double Queen bed rooms are about $50. That would take 120 miles off the Sunday ride right there! Come to think of it, we might be able to visit hiway 25 with the extra road time!!!!!:bowdown:

I am Assuming that My 08 would be safe in the parking lot of this Motel 6 ?

When Robb and I and Russell(Not Pardini) stayed in chico for a ride we chained the bikes together even though Russ left his key in the bike :shocked:

If not since NO ONE will Stay with me.........Is there another Safe Hotel Near By :whistle:

You might Need to Bring your Ear Plugs and Cuddle a Little but other than that I am A Safe Guy to Sleep With :laugh:

I am Assuming that My 08 would be safe in the parking lot of this Motel 6 ?

When Robb and I and Russell(Not Pardini) stayed in chico for a ride we chained the bikes together even though Russ left his key in the bike :shocked:

If not since NO ONE will Stay with me.........Is there another Safe Hotel Near By :whistle:

Was the key to the lock on his key chain?

You might Need to Bring your Ear Plugs and Cuddle a Little but other than that I am A Safe Guy to Sleep With :laugh:

That's alot of pluggin' goin' on right there I'll ride up in the morning and meet up with you and Mandingo for breakfast if your still able to walk. :whistle:

Was the key to the lock on his key chain?

Now that I think about it Gene(v-max-to-busa) and I were the Only Bikes Chained. Russ and Robb were left loose but Cuddled with our Bikes. That was the Ride that Bill(Mymaster) Crashed :down:

Miss Ya Bill !!!!!!!!

That's alot of pluggin' goin' on right there I'll ride up in the morning and meet up with you and Mandingo for breakfast if your still able to walk. :whistle:

Let's Meet up at the Dennys on Auburn and Watt then Ride Up ?

I have Abandonment Issues so I don't think I wanna Be Alone...........Rather Indure the Long Ride :laugh:

Let's Meet up at the Dennys on Auburn and Watt then Ride Up ?

I have Abandonment Issues so I don't think I wanna Be Alone...........Rather Indure the Long Ride :laugh:

Denny's and Motel 6, your a cheap date. :laugh: Auburn and Watt? Wrong direction for me. I'm south of the hood you need to head my direction.

I'd like to vote for Sunday.

I've been invited to, ummm, go play in Sacramento, at this little, ummm, club and I can't say no. Just trust me on this one. I usually get home around 3-4am when this happens so Saturday is gonna be a late wake up day for me.

Back