Installation pics of the Motorhead Turbo Kit

5280Busa

Registered
I just finished this last week and will dyno it tomorrow. I have to say that for the money this kit is a great "bang for the buck" The kit is $3600 from Stedman Motorsports or directly from Dennis "Motorhead" Clanton...I had Dennis install a Tial blow-off valve for an additional $200 (it might be more now). All-in-all the kit has exceptoional quality and was very easy to install once you got the right documentation. Tech support was great too...many, many motorhead kit owners over at suzukihayabusa.org

Here are some pics

boost_lr.JPG

last one...sorry for all of the pics, I know there have been lots of people trying to get info on them and wanted to help.

guages.JPG

..I have to say, the misshappens of you guys have turned me down on turbo by factor of 100%.. Unless someone in the turd-blow business explain FAST why does this has to happen, I will consider the matter over & done with..

WE DON'T CARRY BUCKETS OF $$$, JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN, SAFE! (..yeah, I know.. "go out and buy rubbers!.."
smile.gif
)

..well, that goes for me at least.. ..sorry to hear about so many turbos going the wrong way - I am done with this until further notice..

Because very few leave them alone. PUSH PUSH more and also do not take care of the precautions and metering of the turbos.

..I have to say, the misshappens of you guys have turned me down on turbo by factor of 100%..     Unless someone in the turd-blow business explain FAST why does this has to happen, I will consider the matter over & done with..  

WE DON'T CARRY BUCKETS OF $$$, JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN, SAFE!   (..yeah, I know.. "go out and buy rubbers!.."  
smile.gif
   )

..well, that goes for me at least..   ..sorry to hear about so many turbos going the wrong way - I am done with this until further notice..
I have to agree. I'm a car guy and I know a lot of drag racers that have made the switch from running nitrous to turbo and they all say the love the reliability of the cars with the turbos. I wonder why there are so many problems with turbos on bikes. Any input?

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098023251 -->

..I have to say, the misshappens of you guys have turned me down on turbo by factor of 100%..     Unless someone in the turd-blow business explain FAST why does this has to happen, I will consider the matter over & done with..  

WE DON'T CARRY BUCKETS OF $$$, JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN, SAFE!   (..yeah, I know.. "go out and buy rubbers!.."  
smile.gif
   )

..well, that goes for me at least..   ..sorry to hear about so many turbos going the wrong way - I am done with this until further notice..
I have to agree. I'm a car guy and I know a lot of drag racers that have made the switch from running nitrous to turbo and they all say the love the reliability of the cars with the turbos. I wonder why there are so many problems with turbos on bikes. Any input?
Because generally turbos are added to cars that would normally not be fast without the turbo... The Hayabusa already has compression and timing worked out to get max HP and still make emission standards... trying to get 300 HP out of stock pistons, head gaskets, rods, etc. is pushing the limits... big time... especially with stock injectors...

The car dudes I know add blowers and/or turbos nearly always add pistons, cranks, etc. etc. etc.

Do you know what went wrong???  
evil.gif
Yep..the vacuum hose that runs to the wastegate got cut by the fan blades...freak accident. Anyway it made upwards of 14#'s on a stock motor...WG didn't open.

Now it's built (for the most part) to make serious HP. I will post pics when its' all finished and running...

smile.gif
   )

Yeah, the problems guys seem to have with turbos is almost a turnoff.  I'm very close to getting one, and I'm just getting my ducks in a row.  Good technical advice here too.  

Brian

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098023464 -->

I had made my decision to go turbo before reading this. Now i really don't know. Cain't afford the high $$$ Velocity stuff. Mabey the 1397 with NOS now. Need somthing over 200hp, and still very streetable. What else is there ?

Back