Twotonevert & DEMMYM Thanks!!

Mojo

-------------
Donating Member
Registered
I took the 08 to Broken Arrow today for a lesson in "HID installation 101". James and Michael were kind enough to take time out of their day to walk me through it and show me the proper way to get this job done. The install was a success and the company was even better!!:thumbsup: twotonevert and demmym, you're the best. I appreciate everything you guys did.:beerchug:

Twotonevert was the photographer. I'm sure pics will be coming.

Here come the pics in chronological order! Gratuitous shot of Sally.

Mojo Magic 001.jpg

Marks bike unloaded and on the stand in the garage. Michael is looking for the drill. :whistle:

Mojo Magic 002.jpg

Misty was feeling neglected for a little while, but she was all better. Mark brought Michael "spike" valve stem caps. Yep, one more place she needed spikes. :laugh:

Mojo Magic 003.jpg

And the tear down, I much prefer the Gen I plastics, but after you do it a time or two, there not a big deal.

Mojo Magic 004.jpg

Mojo Magic 005.jpg

Mojo Magic 006.jpg

While we were checking out the new location of the ignitor, I was strangely aware that the retention screw for the bulb spring was not in its place. Yep, we dropped the screw into the headlight bucket! Dam! I called Steve, thanks Steve, and we thought we were going to have to remove the front end and dump it out. But no.............

Mojo Magic 007.jpg

Not to worry, low and behold, if this ever happens to you, use your handy dandy magnet and all will be better.

Mojo Magic 008.jpg

Ok, ballast installed and all the wiring has been ran. We also replaced the marker lights as outlined in Busa159's HID install. Thanks again Steve. :thumbsup:

Mojo Magic 009.jpg

You thought I was just kidding about the drill! :laugh: Yep, Mark opted for the inline switch.

Mojo Magic 010.jpg

Ok, side by side comparison, his are 4300's and mine are little hotter I think. Mine are bluer anyway, not sure what temp mine are.

Mojo Magic 012.jpg

Ok, a little tech info for ya, if you get the "BoostbySmith" accessory harness, this plugs in place of the marker lights in the main harness by the headlamp. Real easy and we had 12 volts at each plug. We ran the harness to the back of the bike. Real easy and perfect for power options.

Mojo Magic 013.jpg

We also installed Marks Satellite Radio antenna.

Great to see you again Mark, thanks for letting me and Michael wrench on your bike. Also, Thanks to Michael, great help and great company any day. You guys are the best and I had a blast, just wish we could have put some miles on them today.

Mojo Magic 015.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome pix, James! Good write-up, as well!

:beerchug:

True .oRg style!

Once again had a blast guys, Always fun wrenching especially with good freinds.

Mark Misty really likes her new Valve Stem Spikes,( as do I ) Thanks.

Back