No stimulus for white workers or middle class

I agree, the country NEEDS him to be the best and I hope he turns out to be that way. However from what I've seen I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling of how this is going to turn out. All I've seen so far is arrogance and an unwillingness to work with leaders on the opposite side of the aisle, the use of fear and plenty of bad choices when it comes to appointments. His talk is of change but his actions appear to be politics as usual, if not worse than usual. This video is just icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.

Then you are not paying attention...He has met with conservative members of congress to try to work things out.

Try doing more than only listening to Fox, of course, Gibson did give Obama credit this afternoon for his trying to reach out to both sides. I guess you missed that.

Then you are not paying attention...He has met with conservative members of congress to try to work things out.

Try doing more than only listening to Fox, of course, Gibson did give Obama credit this afternoon for his trying to reach out to both sides. I guess you missed that.

That's working out real well last I checked. The vote in the house resulted in zero republicans voting to support the plan and 11 democrats voted against it as well. Or was Fox not telling the truth on that vote tally?

I agree, the country NEEDS him to be the best and I hope he turns out to be that way. However from what I've seen I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling of how this is going to turn out. All I've seen so far is arrogance and an unwillingness to work with leaders on the opposite side of the aisle, the use of fear and plenty of bad choices when it comes to appointments. His talk is of change but his actions appear to be politics as usual, if not worse than usual. This video is just icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.

If I remember right you predicted the Steelers would just walk away with it as well. :whistle:

AND......They did!

nfl_090202_ap_steelerswin.jpg

1. The video shows Reich and Rangel speaking.

2. Thrasher mentions Obama being impeached, apparently based on the video.

3. Obama doesn't control their mouths.

4. Writing on wall comment is a joke. I saw it on a restroom wall, above the urinals, once, and yes, I was laughing at other scribbles when I read it, and then laughed even harder.

5. I'm leaving now :).

Still at a loss, I guess since I agree with thrasher. This stim package is Obama's baby. Tax me more and give it to the poor:bs:

That's working out real well last I checked. The vote in the house resulted in zero republicans voting to support the plan and 11 democrats voted against it as well. Or was Fox not telling the truth on that vote tally?

The fact that he is trying to reach across party lines doesn't make it a good bill.

Still at a loss, I guess since I agree with thrasher. This stim package is Obama's baby. Tax me more and give it to the poor:bs:

So the fact that some think that the stimulus package is flawed is cause for impeachment?. Wow...this crowd is tough.......

4. Writing on wall comment is a joke. I saw it on a restroom wall, above the urinals, once, and yes, I was laughing at other scribbles when I read it, and then laughed even harder.

I made the comment based on what I believe was an official possition of the current administration.

Normally at that level of the political ladder they are careful as to what they say and to whom. for him to make a statement like that in front of the people he made the statement and with the news coverage he knew it would receive, I tend to believe that is the possition of the administration. Meaning I doubt he would have said it unless President Obama was aware and at some level approved of his postion.

You have to be a little smarter than just base an opinion on the video, you have to have a little background and know what is going on behind the scenes and combine that with the video. And that is what I did and how I came up with my conclusion that this is probably something president Obama is aware of, approves of and will end up pissing a lot of people off, including those that voted for him.

This is where the impeachement comment stemmed from. if he starts pissing off the people who voted for him there will probably be he11 to pay because the ones that voted for him usually are the most aggresive and want things their way and if they dont get it their way they will trample anyone who stands in their way, incluidng someone they voted for.

Last edited:
This situation REALLY makes me ANGRY!!!

Why not help CREATE jobs to get the unemployed back to work?? Do they not realize how many unemployed middle class Americans there are right now? Lay offs are a daily occurrence. Such ARROGANCE!

...I hate political threads.....but.......I am not sure about other areas....but there are not many white construction workers in my area any way. So I guess Texas is out.

The fact that he is trying to reach across party lines doesn't make it a good bill.

The fact that it is loaded with wasteful spending is what makes it such a poor bill. Just throwing 1 Trillion dollars in the wind will accomplish little if anything.

Then add in the limitations that the money can't go to employ skilled workers or white males? Do you really support this plan? Do you really believe the republicans are wrong for voting against? Do you not see many of these programs as nothing more than an excuse to spend money. How is throwing money to groups such as ACORN going to revitalize the economy?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the idea of a stimulus bill, I'm against using it as an excuse to just spend. I also don't like how the administration that touts themselves as being the change needed to end racial discrimination comes out and says they have to figure out a way to give jobs to people other than white male construction workers and skilled workers. What if a republican had come out and said we need to make sure that no hispanics or blacks were hired with this money? How would that have been any different?

I made the comment based on what I believe was an official possition of the current administration.

Normally at that level of the political ladder they are careful as to what they say and to whom. for him to make a statement like that in front of the people he made the statement and with the news coverage he knew it would receive, I tend to believe that is the possition of the administration. Meaning I doubt he would have said it unless President Obama was aware and at some level approved of his postion.

Point taken but I seriously doubt Obama would approve of the comment about white construction workers. That was nonsense and although he was trying to make a point that the stimulus should reach everyone, his wording was horrible.

If Obama can not keep his stooges in line with comments about bashing middle white America, what makes anyone think he can do much good for us? Lead a country when you can not even lead your party...

Middle white America is 75% of the population give or take a few.. They are talking about giving all this "hand out" money to the minority America (or more specifically, withholding it from MWA) where many will do as they did in the past... piss it away...

As I recall, there have been group leaders from the right that have made far less controversial remarks and been removed from their positions... now the left turns a blind eye to blatantly racist comments and chalk it up to "a bad choice of words"

I think I am about to throw up... This really is a sad day for America IMHO..... this type of "change" is not what we need...

Impeachment? heck that will never happen... if the married commander in chief can get a BJ in the oval office from an intern and walk away? what do you think the left will do to protect this guy?

Last edited:
Rangel's D-NY is a mouth piece just like Schumer D-NY.

(WASHINGTON, DC) – All U.S. taxpayers would enjoy the same immunity from IRS penalties and interest as House Ways and Means Chairman Charles Rangel (D-NY) and Obama Administration Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, if a bill introduced today by Congressman John Carter (R-TX) becomes law.

r8

U.S. Representative John Carter - Proudly Representing the 31st District of Texas

Bottom line is, right now the Republicans have nothing to lose for holding out for the bill to be trimmed, as the administration of the other party in power will take the heat if it doesn't pass and things get worse. Don't know if the Republicans will hold out long enough for the UAW to relent (but they should). I predict that, in the end, a bunch of the pork will get trimmed out of the bill (both sides get to claim victory); the Dems will wait for another, less critical moment to try and push thru the more controversial measures. It is the nature of the 2-party system.

There needs to be accountability on both sides. How can you limit executive pay, yet let the unions get of without quid pro quo? Why should the banks get another penny unless they offer concessions -hold bonuses, options and all that crazy stuff until AFTER the Government is paid back EVERY PENNY?. Problem is that there's been little accountability or reason on either side (Greed is a powerful vice).

Spending on infrastructure (roads, rail, aging interstate system) does create jobs and does something positive for the country's future. Tax breaks for small business (and by default, those individual tax rates of small business owners) gives them incentive to reinvest in personnel and equipment (generates spending and more jobs). Supporting the survival of our auto industry (within limits and the UAW having to get off their high-horse) is necessary to retain heavy manufacturing in this country (a strategic necessity). Giving it away to people who have proven then can't manage their own money is kinda stupid.

Let's hope both sides can see ability to compromise. Let's not waste one cent more than we need to.

Last edited:

I'm sorry , but that's bullshid and you know it. He represents the Obama Administration, and they don't freelance, it's all scripted. I see his resignation coming and the pure racism that's being put forth being taken underground. It's simply quotas on a meaner scale ...

I hope the video is bogus, because the sound track didn't quite follow the lips. Every American should be outraged if what I heard was truly put forth.

Even those that don't watch Fox News ...

I would endorse cutting our taxes and reducing govt... PERIOD... screw the spending, handing billions to people that have not worked in years because they choose not too, newly unemployed? will think about that one..

but anything over a year? you are not trying very hard to get a job..

Give me my money back to spend as I see fit.. letting a bunch of wild hats do this 2000 miles away is like handing your credit card to a crack addict... (only these guys can spend a lot more than any crack addict)

Back