Never rode before but in love with the Busa

Mike56James

Registered
First of all let me greet every one

Hi!!!!!!, Whats Up!!!! How you doing!!!

Now thats out the way let me tell you a little about myself i'm 21 livin in Maryland and other then my son and girlfriend i'm maddly in love with the busa :love: i've been a big fan of the bike for about 4 years now and i've finally saved up the money to buy a new one BUT here's the thing i have never rode a motorcycle b4 not a dirtbike or mini and to me that doesn't seem like a problem because this spring i will be taking the safety course and class follow that with 3 other classes they offer before i make the buy i need to know is this the right bike ........ by the way i'm 6foot 5 289lbs so as you can see i'ma big boy and being comfortable is the key don't ave any back problems but did blow out my right knee playing college football so with all that said should i take the jump........

ALL IMPUT AND ADVICE WILL BE TAKEN DEARLY

Thank You
Mike56James (Big Mike)

First off:welcome: aboard, the Busa is definitely a beast as you find out. Since you've never rode anything else you won't know the difference. If you get a chance ride another bike so you can compare, then you'll know why the Busa is KING.:thumbsup::bowdown:

Welcome to the oRg, this subject has been up for debate numerous times, with different perspectives. Please read a few of the pinned threads at the top of the New Owners page. Again, welcome! :beerchug:

Mike,

Regardless of what some detractors may say to you, you have to go with what you want and feel comfortable with. I am 10000000 % in agreement with you taking the MSF as a beginning step, once you have completed this and BEFORE you get your bike you should PM me so we can meet, I am in MD as well. I would be happy to show you the ropes and indoctrinate you into the sportbike world. I have trained several individuals on road tactics, safety etc and would be happy to help you along so that you learn appropriately and safely.
Hit me up with a PM so we can start discussing things you already need to know, :welcome:aboard, we are happy to have you. We will get you ready and riding in no time.:thumbsup:

Wear your gear and don't do anything stupid! STAY ALIVE this bike can turn on you and kill you quicker than you think. Otherwise it's a blast.

:welcome: THe MSF courses will be a great start. Once you complete that and begin your adventure on the true king, remeber its all in the wrist. Throttle control and practice is the key.

Welcome. i feel that you can kill yourself on any bike if you don't respect it so the Busa is no different than a 125 dirt bike. IMO

Gear.

Training.

Know what your getting into because there is a big difference between the busa and a 125 dirt bike, I was just making a point earlier..

but most improtant take your time and learn at your own pace.

some feel that you should work your way up to the high performence equipment but if your mature and don't get in over your head then you should be ok.

I wouldn't get something that I know I'm going to out grow or become board with and have to traid it in later to get what you wanted in the first place.

again welcome to the .org and good luck with whatever you decide on.

:welcome: THe MSF courses will be a great start. Once you complete that and begin your adventure on the true king, remeber its all in the wrist. Throttle control and practice is the key.

Good advice and remember these two things about the Busa
1) A 1/4 turn of throttle on a Busa is equal to WFO (wide flippin open) on most any other bike.

2) Its not about controlling the beast UNDER the seat- think about it.

Great choice of bike and be safe.
Bubba

Big Mike,

I went with the 08 Busa as my first street bike. I have had zero problems so far. It's all about your mindset bro. You can go as fast or as slow as you make it go. I'm quite a bit smaller than you are (5'10"-200lbs) and I am extremely comfortable with my bike.

I first heard of the hayabusa when I was in high school and when I saw it...I JUST HAD TO HAVE IT!!! I say as long as you are in a good state of mind, you succeed in the MSF course, and you feel comfortable...get the busa!! You'll love every minute of it.

oh and :welcome: aboard big guy.

There is only one thing for sure; it can only kill you once.

Be careful. The Hayabusa is not a respector of persons. It will kick you around if you don't respect it though.

Judging by your size and stated athletic experience you should be theoretically capable of managing the Busa well. You'll be surprised when you get your arms stretched the first time and that will help you control the throttle and anticipate hazards you may cause.

As Lycan said, the MSF course is a great way to get started in riding. I took the course before swinging a leg over any bike. A few months later I was riding around on an old Goldwing until I wiped out (the first time). It took a few more wipeouts until I really controlled my throttle hand. I would not trade that experience for anything.

Good luck on your entry into busa ownership and just be please careful.

Look into the price of replacement plastics before you start to get too confident with your Busa.. Maybe that will delay the inevitable

Big Mike! Just got mine, 2007 brand new in a crate from Oregon Trails Sports 541 523-6103 ask for Michelle, for 8600. Recharged my soul and reminded me that Im still alive! Decided with an older one (but new) for I can tinker and modify. That's what Hayabusa.org is all about. If you need to know you can always ask and boy will you get advice here. But take your time, learn all that you can and don't forget, "Respect her and she'll keep you alive.":welcome:

IMG_2784.jpg

Back