Clear Alternatives brake light

jbrew44

Registered
I ordered a clear alternatives brake light from Goldenchild and finished the install today. Hope it can be seen a little better when I am turning. Looks pretty good to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have same one too but having a problem. so i have yellows hooked up. the part has the end similar to the end of a regular light bulb is plugged in. problem is nothing works unless there's a bulb in the open brake light socket..directionals work fine but my i have no brake light!! what am i doing wrong???????

i have same one too but having a problem. so i have yellows hooked up. the part has the end similar to the end of a regular light bulb is plugged in. problem is nothing works unless there's a bulb in the open brake light socket..directionals work fine but my i have no brake light!! what am i doing wrong???????

I don't know but I am sure someone will chime in soon with some ideas.

Looks exactly like mine including the 2 side mini signals except I mounted where the stock rear reflectors were installed. My understanding is that CA law requires the gap between brake light and turn signal to be at least 6 inches apart. I have also installed Signal Dynamics PentaStar where both turn signals acting like brake lights too + self canceling turn signals. With PentaStar installed I have to get additional Street FX LEDs as back-up brake lights since this clear alternatives brake lights activate both turn signals when brake is engaged.

the company i purchased the board is sending me another one..hopefully it works. will keep ya'll posted!

I had the same problem yesterday when I hooked up mine. Drove me nuts for a while. My lights all worked except my brake light on my 05. I think the plug was wired wrong. I got pissed and cut the plug off and used my old light's plug and rewired it works great now. It is really easy to figure out which wire is which. If you need help I can look at mine and tell you what wires to attach to what. The color coding is different.

Whoa! Great minds think alike? Nice job. A small suggestion, ballast resistors slow the frequency (blink rate) down for the person behind you doesn't get a neurotrammatic seizure.:beerchug:

IMG_2815.jpg

Whoa! Great minds think alike? Nice job. A small suggestion, ballast resistors slow the frequency (blink rate) down for the person behind you doesn't get a neurotrammatic seizure.:beerchug:

It came with resistors and I wired them in. I couldn't tell much difference so I didn't use them.

Back