Thank you President Obama, I love my New Carbine!

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
Well, I've got to give thanks to our New President. Without his help and his motivational presence I wouldn't have my new Carbine in my grimy little paws. :laugh:

I've avoided the "panic" that has afflicted many of the Firearms enthusiasts out there, but I did want to go ahead and pick up a couple of weapons that are very likely to be high on the list of things made "taboo" should any Anti Gun Douche-baggery come down the pike.

So my FN FS2000 arrived last week and I couldn't be happier. Shoots like a dream, accurate, unique, and fun.

Just a hoot.

SO without Further ado, her she is.

IMG_4600.jpg

IMG_4618.jpg

IMG_4617.jpg

IMG_4613.jpg

That's a gorgeous weapon. Can't wait till I get out of CA so I too can have fun toys like that

Forward ejection, uses standard AR 30rnd magazines and is of course 5.56X45.

Overall length of 29.5 inches, and a virtual candy land of advanced polymers. Think of it like a giant Glock.

1.6X optical sight, sits inside a cover on top of a standard picatinny rail.

IMG_4623.jpg

IMG_4621.jpg

IMG_4610.jpg

IMG_4615.jpg

Break down is Devil Dog simple, standard 7 major components...

Frame, Bolt Group, Fire Control Group, Barrel Group, Optic, Butt stock, and fore grip.

IMG_4646.jpg

IMG_4650.jpg

IMG_4651.jpg

IMG_4658.jpg

IMG_4662.jpg

Did I mention Polymers? If it was any other company other than FN (who happen to be responsible for our current machine Guns and some special weapons) I wouldn't have gone ahead...

Ever Seen a plastic Hammer? ???

How about a clean system? AR Folks, read it and weep, this Fire control group is now 10 magazines old... 300 rounds and you could just about eat off it. :thumbsup: IN fairness though I did wipe it down with a soft cloth.

IMG_4701.jpg

IMG_4700.jpg

IMG_4660.jpg

IMG_4659.jpg

Last edited:
Did I mention clean shooting? Here's the Bolt and carrier.

Cool looking and break down is similar in simplicity to an AR, just a very alien AR. :laugh:

The funny looking white chunk is called the switch. It's the Switch that transfers the ejected case into the tube riding above the barrel, spitting them forward and out the front of the weapon to the right of the barrel.

IMG_4671.jpg

IMG_4679.jpg

IMG_4673.jpg

IMG_4670.jpg

IMG_4653.jpg

SO the "switch" Rocks back and forth, transfering the fired casing from the clutches of the extractor and deposits them in the one way tube above the barrel. And yeah, Belgium special forces report that the system will eject them regardless of the much crud and crap piled in or around the ejection port.

On the flip side the entire firearm is pretty much sealed against dirt, grime, mud etc from getting inside.

IMG_4708.jpg

IMG_4705.jpg

IMG_4686.jpg

Impressive machine.
And I have no clue what one would do with that. :laugh:

The frame holds all this together. It's much like a Monocoque chassis. It derives it's strength from the whole allowing for a free floating barrel, and of course it's smooth exterior.

First shot is where the trigger group slides into the rear of the frame right under the butt plate, and you can see how the bolt and carrier ride in a slot inside the frame also.

I think that's about it, other than some blathering on about "cool factor", the fact that nothing exterior gets too hot, zero muzzle rise, surprisingly smooth and crisp trigger, (I think they've been working on this), blah blah blah...

Just thought I'd share some pics of the new Toy, and you all know I like some pics...

IMG_4698.jpg

IMG_4601.jpg

IMG_4603.jpg

IMG_4674.jpg

IMG_4702.jpg

Last edited:
And some random shots....

Carbine is made in Belgium, which is kind of why it shot to the top of my list given the current climate. Won't be long before they are taboo again probably...

Removing the Barrel Group from the frame.

Looking towards the bolt and carrier from the front.

Safety Selector under the trigger is very positive and handy.

And a shot of the (toilet bowl lid) I mean "Inspection Cover"...

IMG_4703.jpg

IMG_4697.jpg

IMG_4639.jpg

IMG_4678.jpg

That about does it folks hope you enjoyed the pics...

Look at carpet through the optic, The Gas adjustment, Adverse and regular, and Hestia approves of the new toy as well. :thumbsup:

Cheers.

IMG_4614.jpg

IMG_4605.jpg

IMG_4638.jpg

See what happens when you abuse Percocet :laugh: messing. Nice toy :clap:, I still think you need the grenade launcher:whistle:

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    1 MB · Views: 467
Sweet. Had to Give up ALL my Weopons because of current Situation :whistle:

Peace !!!!!!!!!!!!

Understood sir... I had a horrible boating accident a few weeks back, lost several of my most prized firearms.

See what happens when you abuse Percocet :laugh: messing. Nice toy :clap:, I still think you need the grenade launcher:whistle:

Don't tease me... You know how bad I want that attachment??? But it's unobtanium here in the states. Though I will be watching the Airsoft table closely, they get really pretty close sometimes.

Back