Mototek Undertail
K/N
Power Commander III USB

I am looking to get a TRE and have a few questions:

What version does everyone recommend
What if any ill effects
Do I need to cut any wires?
Any issues running it with the PCIII?

Thanks in advance. I would like to get this purchased asap and will be going thru a sponsor of the site most likely.

Mike

Definitely recommend a TRE. I would suggest a new smart TRE. No ill effects on TRE that I've experienced, noticed an improvement in throttle response. Your PC III is not effected by the Timing Retard Eliminator. No wires need to be cut, plug and play.

What manufacturer or model?? do you guys recommend. And yes TRE stands for timing retard eliminator :)

Or better yet some links to the suggestions :)

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Thanks !! BTW great site... i hope to get more information.. I am the original owner of it and have done no exterior mods besides the undertail due to the LE

I don't recommend TRE's.

They put the ECU in 5th gear mapping all the time.

This is great for timing as you get more timing in the lower gears. This is bad for fueling as you now get 5th gear ram air compensated fueling in the lower gears.

If you are looking for just a top end de-restriction you can do it with this Cycle

If you want 5th gear timing values without messing up your gear based fueling you can do it with an ECU-reflash if you have an 02-07 busa. I build ECU re-flashing hardware or if you just want the restriction removed and timing in the lower gears I could flash it for you if you send me your ECU. ECU Flashing

oops just noticed the pic link on my site for the high gain mod is messed up, it looks like this

DSC_0060.jpg

Ummm is that toggle switch on that pic ??? I dont want no toggle switch i have to use/mount.... however mainly looking for the speed limit derestriction

If you don't want it switchable and want it on all the time that's no problem at all its an option on my site. If you don't have a factory dash gear indicator there is no need for a switch
Posted via Mobile Device

Get Smithabusa's derestriction mod that's what I use, don't lose your factory mapping. Just fools the ECU into thnking 6th gear is 5th; which is what you want. Gears read 1n23455 instead of 5n55555.:thumbsup:

Back