DYI track stands?

slatroni

Registered
Anyone got a link for plans to build track stands? I hate to buy anything I can make!:please::please::please:
Thanks
Steve

why? I can assure you that the time/effort and $$ spent will easily cover the costs of good stands.. (and no engineering failures to get through)

I vote for "make the money" and buy a quality stand unless of course you are going to put some "fold down billet" stands together.. :)

Thanks I guess the answer to my question is no. I am a fabricator and I am pretty sure I can make something as good or better than China.:laugh:
Thanks
Steve

Thanks I guess the answer to my question is no. I am a fabricator and I am pretty sure I can make something as good or better than China.:laugh:
Thanks
Steve
you got me there... I do not know of a stand made outside the USA..

Redline stands (board sponsor) made here and top notch
PitBull.. also US made not a sponsor
T-rex most economical I know of and also US built..

anyway if you can make it better, get out your tape measure and have at it... part of "Making it better" means a new design right? I always like new takes on old problems. :)

new thoughts for new design might include being able to take the bike directly off the side stand without having to do the balance job with the rear grab rail (although not that hard to do, it can be scary the first couple times)

your turn.. Chinese made stand? :)

Last edited:
Here is a taste of my fab skills. It takes a CB750 motor and a R1 rear wheel. This one sold to AZ. Hope you like it! I also love the old school cafe bikes! http://mygride.com/gallery/I/2005/01/01/5987.jpg
Steve

5987.jpg

cool setup.. what is the oil tank for? (well if it was a HD it would be an oil tank)

Make a rear stand that can clip onto the spools with a quick release, and has the lever set to one side so it doesn't hit the Busa's tail. I'd buy one if it was strong and sturdy.

Something that lifts & locks on the rear spools would be great. I use my rear stand when trailering the bikes & right now I just wrap a strap around the spool, stand & swingarm to keep it from rocking off.

our nitro motors use a bail type clip that holds the throttle cables/parachutes/Fuel shutoffs (easy to operate, fast and reliable at 8000HP :) )

the spool is shaped like a large cable end already.. (there is also a "detent" built in)

motion38.jpg

Last edited:
8000 HP, WHOOYA! That bail woud be nice on a stand to lock the swingarm spools. Looks like it would be much more secure.

Back