UPS package

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
Friday these showed up. Moto lights, test and eval for the Busa.

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

safety on these machines is indeed critical, and tho sum1 would think more lighting would help, i run 2 HID 55w; 6k & 8K, on at all times, and people STILL act like they can't see me. yet my hi-beam projects a beam of light that allows me to easily see a good 1/2 mile visibly in front of me. cool lights, but not sure of the look on our girls.............

safety on these machines is indeed critical, and tho sum1 would think more lighting would help, i run 2 HID 55w; 6k & 8K, on at all times, and people STILL act like they can't see me. yet my hi-beam projects a beam of light that allows me to easily see a good 1/2 mile visibly in front of me. cool lights, but not sure of the look on our girls.............

There are some people that pull out in front of semi trucks. There are many fatalities each year because people don't see approaching trains. The fact is there is always going to be someone that just doesn't see you no matter how big or bright you are.

On that, although more lights or brighter lights aren't any guarantee, there should be some solace that they do increase the number of people that see you and see you better. That is a point that is hard to argue. If they only cause just one more cage to notice you, that cage may have been the one that would have got you!

As much stuff as you have mounted to the that 06 you have over there, I am sure you can find a great spot to mount those, cant wait to see them. :beerchug:

I mounted them last week, I just need to get it outside for some pics, the indoor pics don't show them well.
I will keep them for three reasons,
I like them, I hate taking things off after I spent half a day putting them on and they work well.

Very nice, very expensive. But I like the effect - I have seen these (very low) caliper mounted lights on other bikes, and they really 'work' (being noticed).

Check out these threads for alternatives: $25 to $185:

Motorcycle Driving and Fog Lights

Motolight alternative?: - ADVrider

I also like the ($400 vs. $150) HID option: Martin Lighting Products
Visit this page for comparisons with Halogen - Motorcycle Driving Lights

Another thought is to convert the MR11 (small) or MR16 (larger) to LED: this drops the power from 35/55W to a mere 1W per bulb:
MR11 24 LED Mini Spot

$25 (for a pair) in pic below (brackets, switch and wiring harness included):
JCW Optronics COMPETITION SERIES DRIVING LIGHTS - 55W

G_13730G_CL_1.jpg

Martin_HID_Kit.gif

Martin_HID_vs_Halogen.gif

Last edited:
Very high quality and very high price to go with the quality.
$350 for billet aluminum, black powder coat $450 ouch....:whistle:

128703d1234125121-ups-package-dsc00122.jpg

Makes sense now. I was wondering if you did a lot of night riding to need a set up like that.

You the popo. :whistle:

:thumbsup:

Back