Big boys with tobin seats?

busaville

Registered
This is for the big boys with the Tobin seats. Are you comfortable in the seat and does it fit you? I'm around 320 lbs. and I'm thinking about getting the Tobin seat mod. and was wondering if it's worth it for the BIG BOYS (like me).Please respond, even semi big boys.

you may want to check with tobin. I believe 40" waist is as big as he can go, but there is a look alike seat that he can do.

I have 42in waist on mine and i think it's great better then the corbin seat that i had. especially doing the buel peg mod. I have gillies rear sets now and may change them back out since i can't get them as low as i thought i could stock brackets with buel pegs will actually yield you more leg room

Something new here for me. What is the "waist" thing with Tobin seats? Does he make them bigger or smaller around? Havn't heard of this, I just thought he put really cool looking covers on stock seats.:confused:

Something new here for me. What is the "waist" thing with Tobin seats? Does he make them bigger or smaller around? Havn't heard of this, I just thought he put really cool looking covers on stock seats.:confused:

From what I understand, he sculpts the existing padding, and adds some of his own, based upon your height and weight. I assume the waist size gives him a measurement of how far back to sculpt, allowing you the right amount of room front-to-back, and height does the same for up and down.

I believe this is what he does for the big guys, no hump on rear of seat, just sculpted for better fit & comfort.

101_0130.jpg

101_0131.jpg

I had a corbin for about a week.. it was so hard my butt filed for divorce. I managed to secure a second front seat, figured I'd get a tobin made up at some point then put the front seat out for folks here to swap out while they had theirs done. I havent had time to send mine off... its on the to do list for this spring but the many I've sat on are way comfy.

And yeah, the waist is something he asks for to help sculpt the rear bumper area of the seat, was told it helps hold your butt in under heavy accelleration :beerchug:

i can't wait to get my seat back on tuesday. unfortunately, i'm only a 38 waist and weigh 255lbs. but i'll let ya know what i think of it. :thumbsup:

the tobin will not be comfortable because you would ride half on the hump. my nephew is your size and has rode my busa on a few trips ,he was not happy ,i bought a gel seat and he has really likes it

Tobin seats dont have the riser if your waist is bigger than I believe 42". What he does for big guys is a beefed up seat cover. Here is mine.
Picture029.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture036.jpg

I have a tobin on mine as well. 6'1 280lbs, i got the 40inch waist seat and i love it. Have had it on there of over 3 years now. The longest ride in a day has been right at 300 miles with no issues, plus i have the buell pegs on there as well. Great setup with the two.

When I got my Tobin I was 305lbs with a 46" waist. I could ride all day without my butt complaining unlike the stock seat which had it crying after an hour and a half. Just make sure you get it without the lip. It's the shape that makes it comfy. All the lip does is look real nice and keeps skinny folks from sliding around on the seat.

I run corbin seats on all my bikes and have for years but it just didnt work for me on the Busa im running a Tobin looks great and works realy well added bonus is i can touch both feet on the ground at the same time. .

When I got my Tobin I was 305lbs with a 46" waist. I could ride all day without my butt complaining unlike the stock seat which had it crying after an hour and a half. Just make sure you get it without the lip. It's the shape that makes it comfy. All the lip does is look real nice and keeps skinny folks from sliding around on the seat.
:thumbsup:

Back