SoCal Riders Lets Ride 12/13-12/14

Let's see...where was I?

Oh, yes.

After we got Danny launched on the 8, we decided to see what Sunrise Highway was like.

Surprise of all surprises, not too far up the mountainside, we ran into slicker roads and SNOW. Yes, snow.

Check it out...

Sunrise Highway Snow.jpg

Sunrise Highway Snow 2.jpg

Sunrise Highway Snow 3.jpg

Sunrise Highway Snow 4.jpg

Sunrise Highway Snow 5.jpg

Sunrise Highway Snow 6.jpg

Sunrise Highway Snow 7.jpg

It was 34 degrees. Now, I know that's not as chilly as what some of you are experiencing, by a long shot, but for us, it's kind of, well, unheard of.

:whistle:

So, the remaining party went back down the mountainside, jumped back on the twisties, and headed into San Diego. We came to my place, Owen loaded his bike into his truck, he and Lamb went over to Lamb's place and I have spent the rest of the afternoon sizing these pix, and writing about them.

I'm awaiting a call from Danny letting me know he's arrived safely at home. I'll shout out again in this thread when I hear from him.

In all, a great weekend. Got to meet some new peeps, share our roads and open our doors to the .oRg family.

It was quite an adventure, to put it mildly.

Hooray! Today was awesome. Nobody was on the roads. We saw every kinda weather there is. We all didn't crash. Thanks for coming out Danny. Great riding Owen, as always. We will make the next one up in your area of the woods.

:drool:

Nicely done, gents.
Too bad about Palomar, but I imagine it was pretty slippery up there.

:bowdown: :thumbsup:

A couple more notes...

For those of you who couldn't make it out, I'll tell you, you missed a great time...even though the weather sucked.

Along the way, today, Wasabi turned 31,000+ miles...

As the day draws to a close, I stepped out on to the lower patio and got this shot for Danny, who so enjoyed the view...

Wasabi Turns 31000+.jpg

Sunset Sunday.jpg

Awesome pics. Great write up.

I miss that area.

--Wag--

Hey, all...just got off the phone with Danny...he's home safe/sound/warm/dry.

Looks like we achieved our 100% success rate. No tickets, no accidents, no unplanned get-offs.

:cheerleader:

great pix as normal and looks like you guys had a good time. The weather seemed to be very odd for ya, but hey, thats what you get for doing a december ride :laugh:

Come on out to NYC in January, we'll show you some good ole fashioned chilly weather :poke:

great pix as normal and looks like you guys had a good time. The weather seemed to be very odd for ya, but hey, thats what you get for doing a december ride :laugh:

Come on out to NYC in January, we'll show you some good ole fashioned chilly weather :poke:

Brrrr. :laugh:

I know...we really deserved a weekend of crappy weather so we could show all you 'snow belt' peeps that a little snow is no reason to not go riding!!!

:rofl:

If I could keep it I would. And what was I doing? Not riding, did have lunch with Randy though. We met on the internet:laugh:

Randy is such good folk.

I'm GLAAD to hear you two have become such 'fast' friends. :laugh:

My weedend started in Mesa, Az. about 4:00 Friday morning. I had a fast uneventful trip to El Centro where I met up with Scar and Dwayne who rode all the way from San Diego to meet me. It was great to meet two new Busa friends from our big family. Dwayne is a Navy Chief who had just returned from a deployment. And Scar, what a great guy. Took me into his home and treated my like family all weedend. Thanks Scar, for a great weekend. Hooters was an absolute blast, and the Italian food was incredable. Thanks again for yoiu hospitality.

Even though the weather was less that perfect, we had a true adventure. Thanks to Scar, Lamb, Vinny, and Owen for sharing the adventure. In retorspect, after we got back to San Diego where it was warm and dry; it was fun to talk about the fog that was so thick you couldn't see the bike in front of you.... Definately a true adventure. Anyhow, it was fun just being able to share the experience with all of you.

This morning we had a great breakfast and then the guys road with me all the way up to a good get on spot on I 8. Thanks for a great weekend guys. Its was great getting to share the adventure with everyone. Once again Scar, thaniks again for your hospitality. When the weather warms up lets plan on a weekend ride here in Ariizona. As I said before if you fly in, I have to bikes, and we will definately have a great ride. Any how, a great weekend for me. I arrived home safely around 6:00. The ride home was cold for an Arizona boy, buy I made it. Oh yeah, I missed the snow.... Dang the luck.. See ya next time....

Ok, lets see if I can post some pics...

San Diego 012.jpg

San Diego 014.jpg

San Diego 015.jpg

San Diego 017.jpg

San Diego 018.jpg

San Diego 019.jpg

San Diego 028.jpg

San Diego 032.jpg

San Diego 034.jpg

San Diego 035.jpg

Back