Catching the 1000s

You cant read that paper on it in this pic.

Asking 4 match races theres several 100 bikes @ that race.

My buddy was thinking about it on his gs1100,

After looking it over I advised against it.

carbon fiber wheels, fiberglass body, race pistons ,nos

To be fair your bike looks very streetable.Im not shure that one is.Might be but not shure.

I think it has 1 gallon fuel cell so not going 2 far.

5knf39.jpg

Thats derby weekend louisville KY racing,hot cuties,bar -b-q bike show.Does it get any better???

Last edited:
I guess I'm surprised that folks on this board find the fact that the GSXR1K and ZX10 are just as fast as the GenII and are definitly faster than the Gen I Busas, with equal modifications. The fact that smaller guys are more likely to own a 1k bike, and bigger guys tend to get the bigger ones only makes this comparison more true. At my home track (NED) we have 7 guys on 1k bikes that all run 9.0s on all motor, and (with only one exception) all of these bikes have stock motors (no cams, stroke, or bore). Bike and rider combined weights for these bikes are usually around 600-610 lbs, so that have around a 100+ pound advantage over the typical Busa or ZX14.

My zx12 and zx14 friends refused to race 1000s due the weight advantage, but I won't bow down. If I wasn't married I would buy another busa just to get in on the n/a action. The wife just won't go for it though.
Boosta1395, keep making passes, those pesky 1ks will show up soon to gun for the big dog at the track.Everybody wants to say they beat a busa ( even HD riders).

Yep, Snakes. Next year I hope some 1000s will show up,:please: Sofar I am the one that spots all comers time in ET class.:moon: Never whooped by a wheelie bar bike so far either. Eazy pickens up here.

DSC_0122.jpg

Picture 001.jpg

04 couple of small mods does a 9.5 at 148mph , I need an air shifter .

no big blocks? I was getting spotted most year but not always.

Im going with delay box setup on my busa next year.

I dont want 2 but just tough trying bracket race delay box bikes.

I know NASHVILLE $300 guarenteed but lot delay box bikes.

I raced a 14 that was faster than me I think 5 times.

Beat it every time hes wasnt pounding the tree.

Beat this 1 every time raced it but he was spotting me.

2r5fgu9.jpg

I hung out with guy owns this 2 years ago @ indy prostar.Busamagic
dont think hes on here think he posts on other busa site.

think he was going 8.90 no bar packing the heck out of front wheel.

Lockup clutch stage 1 turbo kit.

5cc1e1.jpg

@ prostar races lot of top gas bikes also enter proet guy I raced dialed in 8.10

Last edited:
Ive never been beat by a 1000 yet either, I and my husband have owned a 2002 gsxr1000, 2003 zx12 2004 gsxr1000, 2004 zx10, 2007 gsxr 1000 2007 zx10 , 2008 zx10 and my 08 busa and the busa has turned quicker et,s than any of them so far. this is by far my favorite bike!!

I have never ridden an 08 busa, but I've seen some run at the strip. The busa I was referring to were First gen busa. 08 busas are running 6.0s to 5.8s (1/8 mile)with just a pipe, a pc, and a 4-6 inch arm. 1st gens need engine work to go that quick. I grudge race mostly in the southeast and when a gixxer 1k or a zx10 races a bigger bike they always win. No juice, no turbo, just motor. Most of our races make it on youtube, just search for grudge racing. The 08 busas are not on the stip as much because they're only a year old.
The busa is my bike of choice for sure, I know there is alot of e.t. left in most busa setups. Being a grudge racer I know some people won't tell all of their speed secrets.My purpose of this post is to gather and share more info on clutch and chasis combinations.I have been racing long enough to know that people get over confident in engine size and dyno figures.I have seen a stock wheelbase 1st gen busa run a 9.15 at 156 with bolt-on parts and a good rider. The rider claimed it made 177 hp, but a clutch cushion was the biggest difference maker.

He was about 125-130 lbs, but he still could not catch the 06 gixxer 1k with a stock arm. both were slammed to the ground. Check out the ets of of the ss1000 bikes in ama dragbike. The rider on the 1k admitted it was an old super sport bike.My question was how much power was that 1k making.The 19 year old 1k rider had his dad change maps with a palm pilot to match the race fuel.I will admit grudge racing requires squeezing every ounce of power out of simple looking bikes, so only part of the story is told. Heck, the times are usually kept secret.Even I claim to run only 4psi of boost and have slipping clutches.

The secrets are what its about. I ran one of my frineds 14s that was supposed "stock" which was arm ,pipe,pc, and quick shifter. After besting his time on my actually near stock busa i found out it had head work and some other special tweaks. So you will never know what a bike has done completly unless you built it.:beerchug:

Back