Finally got my Buse on the road!

Avenger

Registered
After 5 weeks of waiting for the parts to arrive and getting them installed, me and Mr. Buse went for a ride to get acquainted. 200 miles yesterday and 44 years of riding other bikes later, I've come to the conclusion that this bike will probably be the one I tell everybody is my favorite (out of more than 25 bikes!). I've never ridden a motorcycle that could do so many different things so well. While it truly is a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde personality, it seems to be happy doing everything I ask of it. I think this is going to be a long and happy relationship.....:race:
P.S. The Harley and Goldwing are the rest of my stable, but I think the Buse is gonna get alot more saddle time......

Hayabusa 002.jpg

Hayabusa 015.jpg

Hayabusa 016.jpg

Hayabusa 023.jpg

Hayabusa 038.jpg

Very nice, what kind of wind screen is on her? Nice stable you have there! :beerchug:

It came as part of the Fairing kit I ordered off of E Bay from Moto-777($677.00 including shipping!). It looks like a Double Bubble from Zero Gravity, but I'm not sure. It works great.

What year is that Kawasaki 90 in the pic? reminds me of my 1976 KD-100

Congrats on getting out on the bike again. :beerchug: It looks nice.

I believe it is a 1975. It came with the wife. She bought it for her son back in 1978. That little sucker had no trouble hauling my big butt up any hill I chose. We plan on having out Grandson ride it when he gets a little older.........

The Busa is looking good. Hate to thread jack but I noticed the fine coating on your garage floor, care to mention what type/brand you went with as I hope to do mine this spring, thanks.

So what did you have to wait 5 weeks to arrive that prevented you from riding that you couldnt pick up at a local shop,does it have to do with the rash I see on the nose and stator cover?

Last edited:
Nice stable :) is that an early 70's Ranchero? getting kind of rare now days..

The Busa is looking good. Hate to thread jack but I noticed the fine coating on your garage floor, care to mention what type/brand you went with as I hope to do mine this spring, thanks.

The kit is by Rust-oleum, and it costs about $60.00 for one kit. It took two kits to do the 3 spaces in my garage. You can buy them at Home Depot or Lowes. It was pretty easy to do, and I'm very happy with the result.:thumbsup:

So what did you have to wait 5 weeks to arrive that prevented you from riding that you couldnt pick up at a local shop,does it have to do with the rash I see on the nose and stator cover?

It took about a month to get the fairing kit. It was an aftermarket fairing kit that I found on E Bay (Moto-777). They will paint it any color or design you want. I wanted the stock 2000 Blue/Silver. It was worth the wait, and I saved a huge bundle of bucks. Stator cover and mirror came quickly.

Nice stable :) is that an early 70's Ranchero? getting kind of rare now days..

A sharp eye my friend. It is a 72 Ranchero GT, with a 351 Cleveland and a small case C-6 trans. Also, there is a 58 Chevy Impala, and a 65 Sunbeam Tiger in there as well. Those are some future projects that my buddy & I will work on some day:whistle:

Back