Various Sensor Thread Sizes

moochofun

Registered
Hi Folks,

Signed up a while ago but this is my first post, so please be gentle :bowdown:

To give you a bit of my background:

Unfortunately for me, I have given up on my two wheeled glory days (got a driving ban on the road and a broken leg, hand and ankle when racing - not a lot to be proud of looking back, but boy were they fun days!). However, I am still heavily bike orientated as I have a bike engined car that i use both on the road and track (Westfield - similar to a Caterham 7 - see here http://http://www.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/showroom.html ). I have just taken out the old motor (1995 Honda CBR900 engine) and am currently installing a 2008 Hayabusa motor - well the 50% extra torque and power will come in handy! :laugh:

My first querey for you guys is that I'm putting some different sensors on the engine to match the gauges on my car (VDO Vision). I'm thinking that some of you guys with highly tuned engines may have upgraded them at some point? Can anyone help me in identifying the thread sizes for the following please:

Water Temp Sensor
Oil Pressure
Main Oil Gallery PLug (hope to use hole for an oil temperature sender)

Thanks in advance

moochofun

Welcome to the oRg, wish I could answer your questions. Someone will know and chime in soon. Do you have any pics of your project?

Welcome to the oRg, wish I could answer your questions. Someone will know and chime in soon. Do you have any pics of your project?

Hi, hope these come out okay:

P1000353.jpg

Kames282008387.jpg

I dont have a clue to your questions, but if i fly over there can I ride in that?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That thing is Awesome!

:welcome: aboard. Unfortunatly it's a holiday weekend so at least for me, I wont have a response until next week. You could always call SBD Motorsport in the UK. I don't know if you'll actually catch Steve but anyone there can help you.
SBD Motorsport

They're a company that's exactly up your alley. :thumbsup:

:welcome: aboard. Unfortunatly it's a holiday weekend so at least for me, I wont have a response until next week. You could always call SBD Motorsport in the UK. I don't know if you'll actually catch Steve but anyone there can help you.
SBD Motorsport

They're a company that's exactly up your alley. :thumbsup:

Yep, I know SBD well. Unfortunately the 2008 engine is still to take off here in a big way so all the information kicking about is limited. It doesn't help that Suzuki seems to have changed quite a bit from previous generation engines (well it does in a good way, as the majority of improvements are well...improvements?).

I have one of my race team guru's on it in the mean time, checking the actual sensors out at his engineering firm in the meantime. If I find out anything, I'll post back.

Thanks

An update for the thread sizes for those that are/could be interested in future:

Water Temp. Sensor - Metric M12 x 1.5mm

Oil Press. Sensor - 1/8 BSPT

Oil Gallery beside Oil Press. Sensor - Metric M16 x 1.5mm

:thumbsup:

Back