So who is this Tufbusa?

GregBob

Registered
It's really an honor to call Tuf my friend. Easy going, friendly, sociable country boy on one hand, very smart, steely eyed rider, mechanic, and teacher on the other.

When he has his helmet and gear on before a session at the track, he tells me stuff to work on and looks at me with these blue eyes that lock onto my eyes and penetrate through all the distractions and believe me, I pay attention. Watching him ride is a clinic unto itself, but he has this perfect teaching combination of encouragement, and letting you know that as fun as this is, it's serious ****. Get it wrong and you could pay a very high price. The encouragement is key, but even more important is that until you get it right, he won't let you off the hook. He makes me feel really confident, yet at the same time not invisible or cocky.

He has been a student of some of the best riders in the area. He reads the books and articles, and applies those lessons to his riding so you know he knows what he's talking about. It really hits home when you do what he says and stuff starts to come together. On the few occasions I've actually gotten it right, it's hard to know who's happier, him or me.

We finished a particularly spirited session at spokane last month; just an absolute blast! He took of his helmet, looked across the pit lane at me with this huge smile and said for all to hear: "Hey dude, you were gettin' busy!!! I tell ya, you are just the dog gondest 'busa rider I've ever seen!!!!"

Another fond memory of mine from spokane happened just as a session was starting. I was in la la land talking to another rider. Suddenly I heard someone shouting: "GregBob!!! GregBob!!!" I looked over to see Tuf on his bike all set to roll. He had both hands way up over his head and twisting his wrists in a really exaggerated way as though he had a throttle in both hands yelling: "Come on!!! Come on!!!" It was just hilarious. I said: "Oh ****!!" stuffed in my earplugs, threw on my helmet and proceeded to follow him the short way around the track.

Don't even get me started on his knowledge, and desire to share that knowledge, of motorcycle mechanics. From meticulously cleaning and lubing EVERYTHING, to looking up the factory tork wrench settings (neuton units???) for just about every fastener, the care he takes when working on my bike is really something to see.

What a guy. If he was a girl, I'd buy him a house!!

BTW, thanks everyone for the nice words and welcoming me to the site

Thunderhill, November 29 & 30-sunny and 65 degrees...see you all there!!

Are you two sharing a room per chance?

:laugh:

Just kidding, of course. It's the greatest to have someone offer you their 'wing' and share their years of experience with you.

Likewise, it's equally great to share with others the lessons you-yourself have learned.

Nice props for a friend, yo. It's the .oRg way.

:beerchug:

Scar

Great job Tuf! You have pulled off one of the hardest things to do in life................ INSPIRE!

I'm proud to call Steven my good friend. We talk on the fone at least once a week. I got to spend time with him a couple of summers ago. Awesome guy. If more peeps were like him, the world would be a much better place! :beerchug:

Might as well add my .02 in this convo..

I met tufbusa thru scootergirl a couple years back on my annual ride. We immediately hit it off. He helped me tremendously on that ride alone..

This last September, after much prodding by Steven, BABUSA, and others, I finally did my first track day. What a total kick in the butt!

Steven spent a good portion of his day showing me the lines and just overall coaching me on what to do, and what not to do..

I can't say enough about how gracious and knowlegeable this guy is.

I also, am proud to call him a friend.:thumbsup:

Not personally knowing the man, the only thing I can vouch for him is, he's knows his sh!t when he's talking about steering dampers.

:laugh::thumbsup::beerchug:

cheers
ken

:ThumbsUp:
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:
All i know about Tufbusa is that he hates Michelin :laugh:

YES HE DOES!!

Hey, here's the Ol chap now!!! :laugh:

chap.jpg

Back