What Kinda Truck Do You Prefer ?

lol..i get 7 MPG in the city!! such a shame! Dont buy DODGE kids!:whistle:

I agree. I owned two dodges, a brand new 99 that I bought in 99 and a brand new 2000 that I also bought in 99. Gas mileage was terrible in both. The 99 had to have all rotors replaced at 6000 miles as they warped. The 2000 had the same problem with rotors warping at around 7000 miles and the transmission was going at 15,000 when I got rid of it. I will also add that I never towed anything with either and never abused either.

I also worked as a salesman for a Chevrolet dealership until late 2001. I can't count the number of dodges that people brought in with relatively low miles on them, wanting to trade them and when we would drive them, you guessed it, transmission problems. Granted this was years ago and things change, however when I talk to my buddies still in the business they tell me they still see the same problems out of the Dodges.

I've since went back to Ford, have owned three since 2001, a 2000, a 2001 and a 2002, with zero problems out of any of them. I currently have a 2002 F-150 that I bought a little over a year ago. I searched long and hard for this particular truck as I wanted that year because I don't like any of the newer body styles. I found one with good miles and plan to keep for many years to come. Plus it made no sense to me to buy a new one and pay a fortune for it to only have it sit and depreciate while I didn't drive it.

I love my 05 chevy avalanche!! now the best thing about it, 2500 HD 4X4 with a 496 8.1L V8 that would pull the world if I could hook to it. Only bad thing, the truck only gets about 12 miles to the gallon. Lots of room, leather heated seats, and covered bed storage for all the gear that needs to be covered.

Gota love those avalanches!!!

Ford is Offering $7500 Cash Back including Rebates Right Now..........:thumbsup:

Had My Mind Made up but don't know Now :dunno: Those TITANS Do Look Nice :bowdown::bowdown: Allways wanted a TOYOTA. Never Owned One :whistle:

Thanks Guys/Gals for all the PICS and Input. Keep them Coming if YA Can

Tundra................After owning 3 Dodges, I just like the value I get with the Toyota.....Disappointed in MPG though.

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1688.jpg

I have the Cady model but not that much different form the Avalanche...my dad uses his avalanche for work...as u pretty much figured out already, i dont use mine for work...got F-150 FX4 for that...great work truck, I luv it!:thumbsup:...my favorite color is red but my Busa is blue, only exception :thumbsup:

2624915_20_full.jpg

l_913df17fbd64e0ef1fd91dadfef55685.jpg

downsized_0804081429c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive got a chevy. I liked the fact that chevy got rid of the torsion bars on the 1500s. It rode so much smoother, but that doesnt matter now since the lift was put on.

079.jpg

ahh thats such a sexy truck i would give my left ... umm something for that

Thanks, I never thought I would get tired of people asking me questions about my vehicle, but all it did was get me prepared for getting my k8 busa. The truck still gets more attention, but not for long.:whistle::whistle:

Ford is Offering $7500 Cash Back including Rebates Right Now..........:thumbsup:

Had My Mind Made up but don't know Now :dunno: Those TITANS Do Look Nice :bowdown::bowdown: Allways wanted a TOYOTA. Never Owned One :whistle:

Thanks Guys/Gals for all the PICS and Input. Keep them Coming if YA Can

Read Consumer Report. Tundra number 1 in customer satisfaction/resale and lowest maintenance costs.

I got $9000.00 in rebates plus $400.00 more on mine. Look for an 08 model.

r8

Plenty of those in Phoenix and Las Vegas auction lots.

Dealers here won't even take a truck in trade and last report I had was.."if it has a diesel subtract $7000 from low book."

r8

I like the look of Dodges, but I would lean toward something that gets 20 MPG or better

Plenty of those in Phoenix and Las Vegas auction lots.

Dealers here won't even take a truck in trade and last report I had was.."if it has a diesel subtract $7000 from low book."

r8

sign me up! They get a premium for them around here. Can never find them for sale!

Can't go wrong with a Silverado 1/2ton. Mine is a reg cab 2wd that gets between 18-26mpg. I get the best gas mileage with my Busa in the bed, roughly 24-26mpg open road.

I also have headers and full exhaust, Diablo tuner with a SLP tune, roller rockers and coldair intake. Good for 350hp. The performance upgrades gave me 2-3mpg over stock. :thumbsup:

resized5.jpg

When I shopped I was going for the Tacoma with the Sport Package. With the rebates offered I bought the Tundra $2000 cheaper than the Tacoma.

No brainer.

r8

I have seen Toyotas all over the world with the $hit beat out of them and they still run like champs. Whatever it is they do to get them that way I hope they keep doing it.

I'm a Dodge fan myself.

The big one is a 2003 RAM 2500 4x4 HO Turbo Diesel (6.0L of house-pulling torque). I get 21mpg highway. It has around 81,000 miles and still going strong.

The little one is a '95 Dakota 4x4 with the 5.2L Magnum V8. He only got 15mpg highway. Of course, it had 150,000 miles on it when I gave it to my uncle and it's still running.:cheerleader:

My only complaint is oil changes on the 2500. 12 Liters of oil gets expensive!

Regardless, I love my truck.

IMG_0923.jpg

sign me up! They get a premium for them around here. Can never find them for sale!

Go out of State..find a deal then confront local dealer. Even Toyota sales are off.

I would think they should be dealing. Mine put 27 gallons of gas in it also when it was $4.05 a gallon.

They sold five tundras when I left with mine.

r8

Back