Marine Corps

I think I remember seeing this one before:

orgarmy.JPG

HEY!!! Where did you get that picture of my face??? ???

:rofl:

It was not my best work and I would not have posted it had I known you were in the army, but oh well.

What the hell is up with that original picture?

You could have posted that pic of me in my army PT's without fuzzing out my face...I wouldnt have minded,lol. As far as army being easy....thats complete BS. Its actually hard work going through and fixing all the crap that the "first to fight" guys f***ed up!:laugh: And the reason Marines get our hand me down equipment is because it takes them a few years to understand how the new stuff works.

Last edited:
Okay, I love the Corps. Do I regret joining? NO! Would I join again? NO! I'd go into a branch that offered more technical skills. Man I'm going to hate myself for saying this, but I'd probably go into the Air Force. To locate, close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver, and to repel the enemy's assault by fire and close-combat is not on high demand these days in today's work force. :laugh:

I too tried to enlist in the Corps, but when I went to see the recruiter, I couldnt fit my head in the jar.

I love how all the Marines here bash the Army, like they have some sort of experience in the Army. "First to fight" LMAO, not in my three combat tours. And I never seen a Marine in front of my M1 during Desert Storm. I believe I went through BASIC COMBAT TRAINING to learn how to fight before I moved on to anything else (the Marines are not the only ones to do this) So I guess if you want the cool uniform to go along with your shiddy second hand Army equipment, go to the Corps.

Which post was bashing the Army?

Moto I mean no disrespect here. After my PM to you and the reply, after reading all of these posts here (yours and the others), I do not feel that you are cut out to be a Marine or any other service member. I do not want to discourage anyone from serving there country, But you my young lad are not cut out for it. This does not make you a bad person, far from it. You have things that are important to you and they can not coexist well with a military life.
So my humble personal opinion is, give up the thought of joining the military and do the LE thing. I would hate to have you join the military and a year or 2 down the road get yourself in trouble and end up with a BLACK MARK on you for the rest of your life. I have seen it happen.

Just my 2 cents. Think about it and make your choice based on your heart. Good Luck with whatever you decide.

You may be right...

I think I'm going to just leave it in God's hands, if I'm to join the military, I believe He will show me if/when it is time to go.

Another thing, if LE doesn't work out, or end up to be my cup of tea for whatever reason, I may go into the military then...so that's another way that I'm prioritizing.

It's not that I COULDN'T leave my family, but I know that if I went to war (and no, I'm not afraid to go in the slightest) and something happened to mom, or my little brother...and I missed out on the time with them, then I probably wouldn't be able to live with myself.

On the other side of the coin, mom is really healthy, and I'm afraid that I'm being paranoid for no reason...you guys are right though, the decision is a beyotch! :swearing:

You could always do both in one shot. Join one of the services as Military Police and learn your skill. You can use your experience to get hired in the civilian world. You could also do it as a reservist and work both at the same time.

Sounds like sour grapes to me someone didn't make the right decision & join the corp.....or was it you have had to many girlfriends leave you for Marines?
Marines = :muscle:
Army = :easy:

Nope, made the right decision. Army had bad ass M1's while your beloved Corps had old azz hand me down M60's. Not a hard decision to make.

You could always do both in one shot. Join one of the services as Military Police and learn your skill. You can use your experience to get hired in the civilian world. You could also do it as a reservist and work both at the same time.

I was thinking about doing reserves, but I'm sure right when I sign up they'd deploy my azz to Iraq...so going active duty would probably pay better (and I'd be doing the same thing).

I've also heard MP's don't really do policing anymore, I've heard that they're essentially the same thing as infantry...(athough that is just hear-say).

I think I'd rather be infantry anyways.

Nope, made the right decision. Army had bad ass M1's while your beloved Corps had old azz hand me down M60's. Not a hard decision to make.

Are you talking about the machineguns?

Also, I've heard that Army gets the "nice stuff." The training is shorter, (and I've heard its not like the Marine Corps training)...I've heard (from a friend that is in the Army), that the training doesn't have all of the yelling/and that they're not as strict as the Corps, is this true? ???

No. you do sound like you have issues.

All the different services basically provide different functions and each of them are needed.

what kind of BS criticism is it that Marines get me hand me downs? that doesn't sound like a criticism to me. it just shows the heart of a Marine that Marines don't complain and whine about the tools they are given, they get the job done with whatever they are given.

So chill out on the Marines already sheeeesh

Sounds like you are saying the Army could not function with the equipment the Marines function with. I am sure they could eventually. but at first it would probably be a shock to them.

I am sure the Marine Corps would be more than happy to show anyone in the Army how to repair equipment so it could be used over and over. :thumbsup:

Also, I've heard that Army gets the "nice stuff." The training is shorter, (and I've heard its not like the Marine Corps training)...I've heard (from a friend that is in the Army), that the training doesn't have all of the yelling/and that they're not as strict as the Corps, is this true? ???

Yes, they are a little more emotionally fragile so they require a little more comforting

LOL, you're friend must have done some of that co-ed wanna be basic training at fort"relaxing" Jackson. I went to knox were they're still a bit aold school. I'm sure that Marine corp training is a bit harder but we did 5 mile runs, got slapped around, screamed at 2-3hours sleep a night and 10 weeks of it. Oh yea, and I got 2 5 minute phone calls the whole time I was there so dont think its gonna be easy...it all depends on where you go. The Marines, from what I've heard, have pretty much standard training so you can expect to get treated the same....In the army, different places are doing different"experimental" ****, so you may come out a *****, or you may actually come out a soldier,lol. Like I said in earlier post...I lost over 40lbs in basic but once I got to ait I saw people coming from other places that were still overweight and had no sense of disopline whatsoever. I'm guessing that people from places like that are the reason the army gets a bad name but hey, if you want to be on top of the game, I guess you have to sacrafice a few fat asses in the cause of "experimental training". Anyway, being stuck with rejects like that in my unit is one of the reasons for me not re-upping after my enlistment was up. I have no tolorance for pulling dead weight!
Sorry for venting:whistle:

By the way to "most" Army people out there, I have the utmost respect for all of you and all of the services, I am however prodding GSXTacy about the Army just because he is being an a$$hat about the Marine Corps. aint cool to talk shid about any of the branches. All the branches have their own little niches.

And GSXTacy I have to say is the first service member I have ever witnessed to actually disrespect the Corps such as he has.

Kind of pisses me off

Aw, don't fight guys...it doesn't matter who has better equip, who has better training, etc.

Like you said Thrasher, they're all different, and ALL needed.

I personally don't believe any branch is better than the others (I think there are ones (I) would rather be a part of than others), but I don't believe there is any ONE BEST branch.

So chill guys, I don't want this thread to be a rift between members...:beerchug:

i ran away from home, and 4 days later i went back into town to the navy recruiting office. at that time i thought it would be a case of sign the dotted line and get on the ship. which it wasn't. anyway the recruiting officer, i could see was analysing my request/situation and a grin was starting to appear on his face. i sort of thought, maybe 29 is leaving it a bit late.

LOL, you're friend must have done some of that co-ed wanna be basic training at fort"relaxing" Jackson. I went to knox were they're still a bit aold school. I'm sure that Marine corp training is a bit harder but we did 5 mile runs, got slapped around, screamed at 2-3hours sleep a night and 10 weeks of it. Oh yea, and I got 2 5 minute phone calls the whole time I was there so dont think its gonna be easy...it all depends on where you go. The Marines, from what I've heard, have pretty much standard training so you can expect to get treated the same....In the army, different places are doing different"experimental" ****, so you may come out a *****, or you may actually come out a soldier,lol. Like I said in earlier post...I lost over 40lbs in basic but once I got to ait I saw people coming from other places that were still overweight and had no sense of disopline whatsoever. I'm guessing that people from places like that are the reason the army gets a bad name but hey, if you want to be on top of the game, I guess you have to sacrafice a few fat asses in the cause of "experimental training". Anyway, being stuck with rejects like that in my unit is one of the reasons for me not re-upping after my enlistment was up. I have no tolorance for pulling dead weight!
Sorry for venting:whistle:

Also, this friend of mine is a truck driver (I don't know what that MOS is called in the Military), but that's what he does.

Do you think that is why his training isn't as bad? ??? (Because I'd probably be going to MP or Infantry school):thumbsup:

Back