Kudos to SmithaBusa (Gear Indicator)

Aquaman

Banned Permanently By MC Mustang
As some of you know, I helped Greg on designing the Billet housing for his new Gear Indicator. My part of the new product was easy. Go play on Masercam Cad/Cam system and make up a solid model of exact size to house the "guts" of the LED number circuit board.

Knowing Greg from H.Org, and some other places, I gratiously wanted to help him out. The end result on my part of the project was great! In fact, The very first Billet housing he had made from a outsourced Machine shop, was a perfect fit for the LED light. But I had given him my input on the fact that when you had direct sunlight behind you, it was a bit hard to see the LED numbers!
We again, talked together, and he came up with a solution to the problem. Greg just sent me another indicator, and I installed it today. It is 100% better in direct sunlight conditions! You could maybe consider me as the Guinnea Pig, but I am proud to have that title! Cause I will always give an honest opinion, and a professional view on what works!
As most of you know, I have sold many of my own products here, and always want the best for you guys, and want you all to be happy for you hard money spent on purchasing a product. Especially from the "little guy!"

So. I am here to tell you guys that I totally endorse his New Gear Indicator product. I am a perfectionist by nature. And if I say it has 2 thumbs up, then that is all you need to hear!
Installation is at least an hr. only because if you want to do it right, you need to route the system nice and clean.
I will say that the wire harness, that he makes, (which is a plug and play) is very professional. All jack plugs are factory in nature! No black tape bullsh!t!
In fact, I cant believe how beautiful the wire harnes is made!

I did not take all photo's of the installation, because he includes a very nice PDF and CD of instructions to install it.
But I can tell you that when you shift gears, it is instant to the next number!
I have owned an Acumen, and this is 100 times better. Not only that, it defeats the 186 MPH restriction without having to have a modded GPS (Gear Positon Sensor) which consists of having to place behind the clutch basket.
The only other De-restriction you can get is a TRE which causes your fuel maps to read 5-N-5-5-5-5-5 Not for me!
Gregs set up will keep all fuel maps to stay stock. He also offers a few other options for this piece for you Turbo and Nitrous guys...

Guys, I have nothing to gain monetarily from this post. I helped out Greg on my part, he took care of me very well on his end, but I can tell you that if you have a Gen-1 Busa, and no gear indicator, this is the Ultimate way to go!
In my opinion, he is almost a genious when it comes to electronics...

You owe yourselves to check out his product here. I kno for a fact that he has spent many of his time and money to bring a great product to all of my Busa friends here. And like I said, if I say it is a great product, it really is!
I will be the first person to tell you if a product is good, or sux...
This product is GREAT!

Here a a couple of pix...

gear1.jpg

sweet looks amazing
when i get some of the cash flow and bills out of the way i will have to try one of those

Tell me about it lol, I have spent WAY too much effort and money on them to get them where they are lol

They are basa$$ now though :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh I'll have one in time, I like my acumen, 100 times better than the acumen means I need one BAD.. :laugh: Also we all know how I love gadgets.. :thumbsup:

Does this mount, as in the pics, with a stock windshield? Also how does it attach, 2 sided tape, velcro...? Finally, how much to purchase?
Thanks,

Nick

Guys, I have pics and details etc on my site at Gear Based Controller (GBC6)

these are time consuming to assemble etc, I need close to a week from payment sent to get it shipped out, they are well worth the wait IMO, available in BLue, Red, Amber (blue and red are cooler IMO) in both natural 6061 billet finish and flat black powder coated for another $10 (my favorite).

Greg

They start out at $160 (same price as GBC6) but have a couple of options including powder coated housing, and an add on accessory harness for plug and play 12 volt power and ground connections without hacking any factory wiring to add this and additional items as well. If you dont want the harness ($20) I will still make the gear indicator completely plug and play, but for the money the harness is a very nice piece and worth it for adding other items down the road.

Greg

+1000 Get the harness, it will power the gear indicator, and you will still have another live socket if needed.
The wiring that comes with Greg's product are soo impressive. He is an electronic genious!:bowdown:

And a free Bump too

Back