Votes: 164 24.7%
  • Grey/Silver

Votes: 201 30.2%
  • White

Votes: 213 32.0%
  • Gold

Votes: 87 13.1%

• Total voters
Yup, I'll do this for you. I imported my Jeep from the U.S. to here in Canada a couple of years ago, and it wasn't that bad. There should be no fear of paperwork, just formalities for the most part.
I'll get back to you on this thread with information from both sides of the border, just give me a couple/three days.

Steven

Steven, anything yet????????:poke:

I was told by the American Customs and Border Protection officer yesterday that as long as the motorcycle meets the U.S.A.'s emission standards, they will let it in. Of course, we all know that the Hayabusas that make it to Canada are 99% the same bikes that make it to the U.S....aside from the occasional special color, of course.

They look for the stickers on the motorcycle to verify that the motorcycle meets their standards. (You know the ones...)

It seems pretty easy.

I'll get back to you if they would charge a duty tax on the Hayabusa or not. I'm thinking they would/might since it's originally from Japan and would not fall under the NAFTA agreement of "Free Trade".

Steven

I was told by the American Customs and Border Protection officer yesterday that as long as the motorcycle meets the U.S.A.'s emission standards, they will let it in. Of course, we all know that the Hayabusas that make it to Canada are 99% the same bikes that make it to the U.S....aside from the occasional special color, of course.

They look for the stickers on the motorcycle to verify that the motorcycle meets their standards. (You know the ones...)

It seems pretty easy.

I'll get back to you if they would charge a duty tax on the Hayabusa or not. I'm thinking they would/might since it's originally from Japan and would not fall under the NAFTA agreement of "Free Trade".

Steven

i appreciate the leg work. i am really considering this next year and montreal is about 2 1/2hrs. from here. :thumbsup:

:rulez:

It seems pretty easy.

Steven

Steven, thanks for the help. Here is what I have learned...you need a letter of compliance from American Suzuki Motor Corporation. They will give you one but you need the make model and VIN of the specific vehicle that you want to import. This letter states that the vehicle meets both USA emissions, and DOT safety standards. The 09 Canadian version does except for The Canadian busa has a speedo in kph. That does not meet our vehicle safety through the DOT. That would have to be changed in Canada BEFORE it is brought over. You would need a letter from an authorized Suzuki dealer in Canada stating that they did the work. Plus a reciept showing that you paid for this. The emissions DO NOT meet California's standards, so no registration in Cali. You will need a ORIGINAL certificate of title OR certified copy, plus a bill of sale. There are two forms that you will have to have. They are an HS-7 from the DOT and a 3520-21 from the EPA. Take all of the stuff to the Customs crossing of your choice then they will give you a declaration that you fill out. If all your paperwork is in order they wave you through. Other ways of doing this would be to hire a customs broker to tell you what to give them and they will get the bike through customs. Not physically but when you get it to or through they will see it through. I dont know for sure but it seems that there would be a duty of either 2.7 or 2.9% of the declared value of the bike. Not alot but still another cost?????

Here is the huge kicker. American Suzuki Motor Corporation will NOT honor the warranty of a "made for Canada" bike here in the US. So you have to ask yourself if it is worth it???????

well the warranty changes my mind. i would of sacrificed the other minor stuff like the spedo. i don't understand why suzi wouldn't honor the warranty because it's in another country? i've got to look into that one. thanks for the info! ???

After seeing Mr. X's picture above, I'm not sure if that tone of "gold" is worth running after. It somehow doesn't look as sweet as when it was at the dealer show.
Any more pics??

well the warranty changes my mind. i would of sacrificed the other minor stuff like the spedo. i don't understand why suzi wouldn't honor the warranty because it's in another country? i've got to look into that one. thanks for the info! ???

If you live close enough you could run it back to CA for any serious stuff??

After seeing Mr. X's picture above, I'm not sure if that tone of "gold" is worth running after.* It somehow doesn't look as sweet as when it was at the dealer show.Any more pics??
This paint in the light comes to life :thumbsup:Decals change color , Pics cant describe what it looks like in the sun !!!!!:thumbsup::bowdown:

015.jpg

Back