Swingarm Extensions

I am going to build my own extended arm this winter though. As I plan on a Turbo or a jump up to 125hp N2o over the winter. And I'll just feel better with a built arm, rather than extensions at that point.

And HEY, sorry i couldn't make breakfast this morning...had to work on a buddies bike last night...:poke::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
I run them on my 'bus. Never a prob. 167rwhp and 60hp N2o....

I think that pretty much answered my question, Not sure I will ever be running Nitrous ( Devil on shoulder :firedevil: ohhhh yes we will )

What brand do you have, are there any that I should not use ?

I am going to build my own extended arm this winter though. As I plan on a Turbo or a jump up to 125hp N2o over the winter. And I'll just feel better with a built arm, rather than extensions at that point.

And HEY, sorry i couldn't make breakfast this morning...had to work on a buddies bike last night...:poke::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I guess we can let it pass this time, Food sucked anyway. . .

Not all Bolt on swingarm extensions are made the same. These are on a Busa with an 80lbs weight bolted to the bottom. The extensions were pounded for an entire weekend at the Bonneville Salt flats on Top End runs.

Busa20on20Salt.jpg

Uhmm, I don't remember really... these actually came off of egay. I got a set that came with the optional caliper bracket. So i did not have to extend brake arm. It's no longer needed now.

Uhmm, I don't remember really... these actually came off of egay. I got a set that came with the optional caliper bracket. So i did not have to extend brake arm. It's no longer needed now.

I was just looking there and saw these, Picture also shows a chain, I sent them a question asking if the chain came with it.

eBay Motors: HAYABUSA 1300 SWINGARM EXTENSIONS 3 to 9" package (item 280276122996 end time Oct-18-08 15:17:34 PDT)

And look Im going with the Black Might be done with chrome.

Yea, the chain comes with that package. Those are not the same ones I have. BUT, I have never got any bad products from that company either....

Pay very close attensions to what I am about to say. DO NOT BUY EXTENSIONS OFF OF EBAY!!! Bolt on swingarm extensions should be made out of Billet 6061 aluminum or strongerm. There have been soe sellers on ebay that make their extensions from sub standard aluminum. You have been warned.

Pay very close attensions to what I am about to say. DO NOT BUY EXTENSIONS OFF OF EBAY!!! Bolt on swingarm extensions should be made out of Billet 6061 aluminum or strongerm. There have been soe sellers on ebay that make their extensions from sub standard aluminum. You have been warned.

Can you tell me where I might find some like the ones you are referring to, I hate to say it but price will be a factor. and thanks for the warning.

I really did not know people where actually doing that. Thats really low.... I know mine said they were 6061 billets. I assumed(i know...) that everyone made them from 6061 or better billets. I mean, they're going on a Busa for gods sake...Mine came from a private seller with a small machine shop and were powder coated after machining.(i just don't remember the name) Not a cheap 150 dollar set for sure. I did not even know,(until i just did a quick search) they were going for that cheap now. OKAY Demmym, I would not put a cheap ass set like the 150 dollar ones on ANYTHING. Gix1300 has a VERY good point here. I guess i would call and deff see what they are made from. Or get a set from a sponser. Is PMR making extensions???

Sadly yes it is true. Most chrome or anodize them to cover it up. Not all on ebay are like this but most of them are.

Back