Name This Bike!?

Concur! The Cylinder block looks too small to be an 1100 and the 550 L had the two valve head on it with round cam caps. Only the GS-G's had shaft drives in those days.

GS750L.JPG

Will be great to see the progress with the bike! A couple of older bikes I'd like to have.

I will definitely make a separate thread starting from the beginning and showing my progress ! Gonna make agood lookin' caferacer.

My little Bro had one of these back in the early 80's. It was nearly as fast as my 78 GS750E with A Kerker Header etc!

you guys are awesome. Anyone restored one of these? I'll be ordering parts next week.

I would guess that it's an early 80's GS550L (possibly a 750), similar to this pic: The GSResources - Display Gallery Entry

Check out TheGSResources.com. The site has been instrumental in my success with my 1985 GS550ES.

FYI: Unfortunately, the forum has been under maintenance for the last few weeks. Still, the rest of the site has loads of good info.

Best of luck!

Ya.. already wandered over there and saw the forum was down.. but they have a little of walkthroughs posted up that will greatly help out as I plan on rebuilding this thing from the ground up as just a hobby of mine :)

I haven't "restored" one. But this is my last GS750, I just sold a few months back....
I always raced them or just rode the piss outta them. GOOD bikes....

Copy of IM001464.JPG

IM001461.jpg

IM001462.JPG

Man that takes me back to High school! I had a 78 GS750E my SR. year that was just a sweetheart! :thumbsup:

I haven't "restored" one. But this is my last GS750, I just sold a few months back....
I always raced them or just rode the piss outta them. GOOD bikes....

I concur, it appears to be an early 80's GS series. I had a '82 GS450L. It was a great bike. These are great bike. Enjoy it.

Back