Broken Plastic Fix

boney1

The Tattooed Blurr
Registered
Ok this may be dumb. but i sprained my elbow patting myself on the back anyway lol. So heres what happened. i dropped my bike the other day in the driveway DUUUUHH, not like i just spent over 1k on paint or anything. but in the fall the side plastic flexed enough that it brok the lip out of the center mounting hole right beside my frame slider. so the screw there wasnt holding anything now. After staring at it for about 20 min i came up with an idea to use the plastic cap off of something to fix the hole the only cap i could find to fit was from my wifes Aussie instant freeze hair spray (sorry hun lol). took it apart ground it down to the right height, used a razor knife to trim the threads out of the cap, and glued that baby on with some really killer plastic adhesive. wollah its good as new and works great. go ahead and flame it if ya want but it works awesome. and maybe someone will find it usefull.
5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

I did the same on a set of race plastics for a buddy but we put a washer in there to fithe bolt and also trimmed a piece of inertube and hole punched it to cushion the the cap which is not as heavy as the original plastic. Good job!

Back