Took the 08 to the 1/8th mile track today. Good Times

Raced Guy

Registered
Well today was the second time ive taken the new busa to the track since i bought it 2 weeks ago. I went to the local eigth mile track since i wont have my nhra lic. untill next weekend. The weather was decent, about 76deg, 8-10mph head wind, was a little humid side, but the track was hooking very good. The mods to date are lowered strapped, clutch mod, and just put on a shinko thats it, full tank of pump gas and tire psi was around 23-25psi and i weigh about 160 in street clothes. Didnt get to make alot of runs due to it being pretty packed but got three time trials and make it to the final 4 in elimnations. I averaged low 6.20s @ 119-121 with all 60fts in the 1.5s. Best pass was a 6.19 @ 121 with a 1.52 60ft- 4.17 330ft. I red lit on the final 4 and beat myself, just need to calm down a tad. All in all im very happy with the way this bike is performing with minmal seat time and no power mods. Cant wait til i get my parts in the next week or so, the brocks system is on back order so i have to wait very anxiously untill then. :beerchug:

Quote ( All in the 1.50's) Quote

Yeah, the track was hooking amazing. When you can smell vht all throughout the day its a good thing. After the first two runs of sliding back on the seat i duck taped a sweatshirts to my seat to keep me from sliding back. When that happens you know the track is hooking !!!

Yeah, its a big change from my set up 05 r1. It is just so much eaiser for me anyways to get used to the bike and get it dialed in. The torque makes it alot eaiser and less work to launch, you dont have to wind it out as much and can make the bike do the work not you. Ill be back at the track this next Sat. also, im finally getting around to make the passes for my nhra lic. Then i can run it with out getting yelled at, and really see what i can do with it. I will keep all updated with the times:thumbsup: Oh and incase i didnt mention it i love the k8 !!!!!

Last edited:
Quote ( All in the 1.50's) Quote

Yeah, the track was hooking amazing. When you can smell vht all throughout the day its a good thing. After the first two runs of sliding back on the seat i duck taped a sweatshirts to my seat to keep me from sliding back. When that happens you know the track is hooking !!!

I:thumbsup: LIKE SMELL OF TRACTION COMPOUND

08,s pump off killer mph:bowdown:

2qdyf6c.jpg

This one 6.30 @119 but he is just getting used 2 it.He will prob improve that.

21cyw4m.jpg

(notice the nos bottle on the zx10 ?

28rflp3.jpg

Last edited:
Raced Guy

Other than the mods at the bottom of your post what else have you done to your 08 to get it down in the low 9's? Because all I have done is lower mine in the front 1 1/2" and a inch in the back and put a full stainless Yosh system on mine. I catch hell that first 60 ft. Got any suggestion? Thanks, GONE

Thats it for my mods, the first 330ft is where you will get the time. It is also the hardest area to improve but if you want lower 9s thats where you need to improve. Try higher rpms and really ride the clutch hard. Its not the best for the clutch lasting but will get you out like you need to.

Back