Idle Adjustment Mod (pictures)

O Holy P

Registered
I'm more of a visual learner, and for those here who are the same, you will appreciate this version. I know there have been posts in the past explaining the idle adjustment mod so you can adjust the idle easily by reaching down by the oil fill plug and with a slight turn you can adjust your idle while sitting at a light. Instead of having to lift the tank and waste time. This took me 15 min. to do, very easy. Here are the pictures so that you can do the same.

P

idle1.jpg

idle2.jpg

idle3.jpg

idle4.jpg

idle5.jpg

idle6.jpg

Thanks. I don't know about the K8+. I would check the frame by the oil fill plug if it is in the same place and see if there is an accessory hole there for a 6mm bolt to go into. If it is, then check the idle adjustment area on the throttle bodies. If they are in the same place I would assume you could make it work. I haven't had the chance to look at a new one so I don't have a clue.

wow thanks for the info !! i didnt know it had a holder.. mine is just hangin around !! need to get that fixed now !!!

:bowdown::thumbsup:

I got it from my local dealer here in Daytona, they had to order it as well, but it arrived in 2 days. I just gave them the part # and paid for it, and they called me when it came in. Not sure about any places in/around Canada.

P

Go to bikebandit.com and click oem parts. I chose a 2000 model since it came on early models. Whamo, there it is.....idle adjus plate, item #50, $6-$7....

Well now ain't that something. I never knew you could get an external idle adjuster. Got the part #s from Bike Bandit ($42.00 for the cable:shocked:) and I'll be off to the LBS Tuesday to get the stuff ordered.
Thank you for the info and a great how-to write up.:thumbsup:

Back