Oklahoma HP

armynavyguy

Registered
Anybody know where the Oklahoma HP got those rigid saddle bag things on there Busas. I think those would come in handy.

The pic is on the hayabusa.org home page under pics and videos.

Yep... they are caled Beetlebags and Corbin is very proud of them!

Mucho$$$$$
laugh.gif

caps_house_sat_223.jpg

They are nice . I am waitting for them to be released for 2008 model. I want bags and smuggler!
thumb_up.gif

Those Corbin bags are junk. There is no room in those bags. Quite frankly, the price doesn't scare me off as I don't mind shelling out money for decent stuff. But Corbin bags are far from decent stuff. So is their back rest compartment. Corbin is great at seats but their quality on other stuff is terrible. I have their seats, front and rear, their backrest with attached POS glovebox. Love the seats! Heck, I swear by their seats!

Ok Mark, how do you really feel about beetle bags?
laugh.gif
sounds like you went through a set? I was kind of luke warm on the look but the smuggler trunk looked like a neat option for riding solo..

Ok Mark, how do you really feel about beetle bags?  
laugh.gif
   sounds like you went through a set?   I was kind of luke warm on the look but the smuggler trunk looked like a neat option for riding solo..
LMAO...You know me Randy. I don't have a problem spending money but dang it, give me something worth a crap. That smuggler trunk/glovebox? It attachs to your backrest and the screws from the backrest screw right into the plastic. Now imagine what a few hundred miles of vibration does to those screws in the plastic. Heck, an EZ-Bake oven using a lightbulb is better engineering then that! Oh I was all for those Corbin bags too...that is until I got a close up on them and the mounting system. Urgh!

Hmmm wonder if the guys modified them? I know they put the miles on... Steve?

Oh I found the "shanling" stuff "wow"

Hmmm  wonder if the guys modified them?  I know they put the miles on... Steve?

Oh I found the "shanling" stuff  "wow"
The Beetle Bags are mounted securely. Don't get the wrong impression. It is just once they are mounted, when you take them off, the hardware is still there and it looks like crap. Once you go with them, you pretty much have to leave them on the bike at all times or the bike looks like crap. That is my gripe with them, plus the fact that they are so small inside. For the money that you shell out, you are not getting any ROI in my humble (and somewhat jaded) opinion.
laugh.gif

well I think they keep radio gear and ticket books dry...
laugh.gif

They do look good on the all black OHP bike however... sort of gives the bike a finished look with all the added doodads they run...

Has anyone tried mounting a pre-'08 set of beetle bags onto an '08? I'm sure it would require different cans. The '08s are going to be a bear to design bags for given the Saturn-V booster engine cans on the thing.

I've greatly enjoyed the Beetle bags on my '01 but can understand the complaints. I leave mine on all the time and have done several 2-up week long trips with a tail pack, tank bag and the bags with plenty of room. The Beetle bags are a bit of a hassle to use because they flair on the bottom so I end up stuffing stuff down inside and using a plastic bag to haul clothes around in. It's got a real biker-hobo look to it!

The Beetle Bags are mounted securely. Don't get the wrong impression. It is just once they are mounted, when you take them off, the hardware is still there and it looks like crap. Once you go with them, you pretty much have to leave them on the bike at all times or the bike looks like crap. That is my gripe with them, plus the fact that they are so small inside. For the money that you shell out, you are not getting any ROI in my humble (and somewhat jaded) opinion.
laugh.gif

busa3a.jpg

Here is Steve's personal Busa...he has Bagster on the tank...I don't recall the brand on the soft luggage on the rear. I do know he packed enought stuff for a 3,500 mile ride :)

Busa159.jpg

Carrys a gun and gets to ride a Busa What a Job

Not to fond of getting shot at though

Back