MUZZY vs. DYNOTUNE

boney1

The Tattooed Blurr
Registered
Ok heres my experience i purchased the Dynotune twin bottle set for my 02 and when i got it i was like Wow this is super cool then i had to mount it, the guys at dynotune were helpful but i still had to drill up thru my undertail and into the tail subframe and install threaded plugs into it. the mount it self looked really cool once it was installed but was definatly not a solid mount even with a filler piece added between the undertail and subframe. and lets face it a 12oz bottle just aint gettin it done either so i wanted a slightly bigger 20oz bottle, I checked with dynotune to see if 20oz bottles could be used and they said the mount wouldnt hold the weight. So I called muzzy they make a really nice 1lb bracket for the 2008's.. Muzzy said thay didnt know if it would hold 20oz bottles or not but it should be close and didnt know if it would fit gen1 busas.
Well i took the plunge and bought the bracket, mounted it up the only thing i had to do was dremmel a little grove in the pasenger peg mount so the bolt that keeps the unit from rotating would fit and keep the bottle at a nice angle stayin parallel to the body. not only does it hold a 20oz bottle tight the overall mount is freekin solid as a rock. so draw your own conclusions but all in all MUZZYs mount is Great.
bottle2.jpg

bottle.jpg

Last edited:
Man that really looks cool but I wonder how it's going to siphon at that angle. I'm sure it'll work fine when full, but when it's half and under acceleration I dunno.

Also, that's a nice wagon you got there behind your bike.:thumbsup:

Hey that wagon is only second in the 1/4 to my busa and yeah i thought about the angle to the original dynotune mount was at a similar angle with a 12oz bottle and it was good for two 30hp shots that took well into the 140 mph range, and both hit great leavin the bottle just about empty.

Last edited:
Well, as long as it siphons to almost empty then I like it.

I have a DynoTune 20 oz bottle I'll sell ya cheap if you want an extra one - it came with my kit but it didn't fit in the hump so it's never been filled. PM me if interested.

Hey, I am interested if he is not. I made my own mounts for my 3 bottle set-up. I can hold 5lbs of juice on my bike...

My  3 bottle Nitrous set-up.jpg

The Busa and the 'burban....jpg

Last edited:
gotgixers, it's the black bottle with the kanji on it in this pic. I'd take $50 shipped since DT wants 90 + shipping. If you don't think that's fair shoot me an offer.

BTW - sweet setup and nice paint!

bottles.jpg

Sounds good to me... But see if Boney wants it 1st. Since you offered it to him. I don't want any problems here in Busa land...
And fwiw, the bottles seem to siphon great at this ahgle. I was unsure they would at 1st too. But they seem to do fine...I'm only shoot'n 60hp right now though. We'll see what happens when i get my new injectors and bump it up to 125hp...
Thanks for the compliment as well.

Sounds good to me... But see if Boney wants it 1st. Since you offered it to him. I don't want any problems here in Busa land...
And fwiw, the bottles seem to siphon great at this ahgle. I was unsure they would at 1st too. But they seem to do fine...I'm only shoot'n 60hp right now though. We'll see what happens when i get my new injectors and bump it up to 125hp...
Thanks for the compliment as well.

I'll PM boney and then if he declines its all yours - I'll PM ya when I know more - probably Monday.

I used to spray a 60 shot on my stock motor but I have a high compression big bore now that I'm only tickling with a 30 shot. Once I get the DJ ignition module and pull some timing I'm going to start bumping that up. I have a custom fuel system - external pump, billet rail, and adj regulator to bump FP to keep her from going lean.

thanks got gixer thats cool of you, Johnny consider it sold send me the payment info and ill send it asap

I'll PM boney and then if he declines its all yours - I'll PM ya when I know more - probably Monday.

I used to spray a 60 shot on my stock motor but I have a high compression big bore now that I'm only tickling with a 30 shot. Once I get the DJ ignition module and pull some timing I'm going to start bumping that up. I have a custom fuel system - external pump, billet rail, and adj regulator to bump FP to keep her from going lean.

So- what did your bike run with the 60 shot???

Sweet mounts-everybody! I'd have to say that Muzzy mount looks like the hot ticket though, I may convert mine to that. I had mine mounted tandem on the left side but it was bought to my attention that it may not pass tech. inspection so I moved them inboard to the center of the swingarm. The worst part is that after adding 13:1's, my bike has had more trouble hooking up in 1st & 2nd than ever before so until I switch back to a Shinko u-soft instead of the M/T,I still have yet to even fill the bottles :cursin:

twinbottles.jpg

40shot.jpg

Boney your new bottle is on its way - sent yesterday morning FedEx. Check your email for tracking number.

Dumb question, but why not just REMOVE the siphon tube altogether? You take it out just for that reason(mouting upside down) ???

Like that bracket Idea !!, did you buy it from Muzzy ? Could I trouble you34 to send the link from where you purchased it Please?
Hi Muzzy is long gone. Try DME 336-785 4845 or 1 Stop Speed 609-798-1798. 1 Stop Speed gets things from Unit 5. They custom made me a triple tree with steering stops and a1 inch positive offset.

Back