Deals Gap loading ramp

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
anyone use it? I have 950miles one way to the fall bash and do not want to pull a trailer. Driving at night straight through.
Have an Avalanche and the tail gate is a little tall. Just don't want a problem when it is time to unload.

Made my own ramp outa 3 pieces of 2x6 and some scrap stainless from where I work. Good to load (and unload) where ever I am. But I have a little lower setting truck too.

Last edited:
I also have an avalanche, would love to see how you get the busa up in there :thumbsup:

As for the town, you might be outta luck unless you have some type of ramp, the CROT has a nice ramp setup though :beerchug:

anyone use it? I have 950miles one way to the fall bash and do not want to pull a trailer. Driving at night straight through.
Have an Avalanche and the tail gate is a little tall. Just don't want a problem when it is time to unload.

Are you headed back to the dragon?

Steve I have some real good bifold ramps that would fit in your truck with the bike. You could take just one and I am sure there will be plenty of help there when it comes time to unload your bike. Let me know if you want it, I can meet you somewhere.

ramp 001.jpg

Are you headed back to the dragon?

Yes I am, the wife had such a good time at Eureka she wants to go to the fall bash.
We thought you and your better half were going when we made the reservation.

We may look for some a place to relocate after we retire.

Less wind and tornadoes in Tennessee.

I also have an avalanche, would love to see how you get the busa up in there :thumbsup:

As for the town, you might be outta luck unless you have some type of ramp, the CROT has a nice ramp setup though :beerchug:

My plan is to back into a ditch and use a ramp.
I mounted a wheel chock to a piece of plywood and tied it into the bed using the factory hooks, my concern is the tailgate cables holding up for the long trip.
I wish someone made the metal straps to replace the tailgate cables............ like the old days.

Back