The Grand Tour: Inside the Mind of Pashnit California.

The panos...
Img_2047_Yokol_Valley_Rd.jpg

Img_2054_yohkol_pano.jpg

Basically looks like this! :cheerleader: Goaty, but good! :laugh:

Img_2056_Yohkol_Valley_Rd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And now for something completely different. I have simply always called this goaty strip of pavement- The Road with No Name. Suffice to say, it doesn't have a name. ??? Only a forest road designation of FR 23S16.

Img_2063_Rd23S16_busa_800.jpg

That's the Kern River Canyon over there.

Img_2064_RT_busa.jpg

Img_2068_Rd23S16.jpg

Paul & Michelle

Img_2076_Rd23S16_paul.jpg

Pashnit Busa

Img_2078_busa.jpg

On the other side of the Canyon, isSherman Pass. You can see the road as it switchbacks up the mountainside to Kennedy Meadows and then back down the other side on Nine Mile Canyon into Death Valley.
Img_2085_Rd23S16.jpg

Pashnit Tours. Couples welcome. :laugh: :rofl:

Img_2091_couples_welcome.jpg

We laughed pretty hard at this one, the wives set this one up.
Paul & Sean come across as very manly-men.

:thumbsup:

This is Rd 23S16. Just a long-forgotten ride paved across the very top of the Sierra Nevada. One lane, goaty, bumpy, sandy... but oh that view! :bowdown: :bowdown: Made it all worth it.

Img_2095_Rd23S16.jpg

Img_2096_Rd23S16.jpg

Img_2097_Rd23S16.jpg

Img_2099_Rd23S16.jpg

Img_2102_Rd23S16.jpg

Speaking of views.... Just amazing isn't it. I would travel for days to get a photo like this. Hey, I just did! :laugh:

Img_2104_Rd23S16.jpg

Img_2108_23S16_busa.jpg

Here's your landmark if you approach from the south end. Ride starts up the hill to Portuguese Pass here. (Btw the connection to Hwy 155 via Rd23S16 is not paved.) Ride then drops down to Posey.

Img_2117_sugarloaf.jpg

In Glennville at the Crazy Horse Saloon (just sounds like a biker bar, eh?) Good food though!

Img_2118_crazy_horse.jpg

Img_2120_harley.jpg

Then George rolled up... Anybody like classic bikes? Beauty! :bowdown:

Img_2129_BMW_R90.jpg

Img_2128_BMW_R90.jpg

Img_2125_helmet.jpg

Img_2121_BMW_R90.jpg

Img_2127_helmet.jpg

Then as a special addition to this Pashnit Tour, I wanted to show the group what the Middle of Nowhere looked like. :cheerleader:

Img_2130_TuleRd.jpg

Img_2131_nowhere.jpg

Img_2133_paul_michelle.jpg

This is north of Bakersfield out in ranchland. Actually quite close to the Famosa Dragstrip. But still. Complete nothingness.
(Tule Rd - Woody Rd - Granite Springs Rd)

Img_2134_nowhere.jpg

Next day... Wanted to show our Canadians our seals

Img_2143_seal_beach.jpg

Img_2137_canadians.jpg

Img_2138_seals.jpg

Throwing sand on themselves...

Img_2141_seal_sand.jpg

Billie ran into this guy from Washington on a Rune. He was just wandering around. Gotta love that.

Img_2135_rune.jpg

California Big Sur

Img_2144_busa.jpg

Img_2145_canadians.jpg

The new Honda CBR1000. Nice bike, Billie and I swapped for awhile. Basically has almost the same horsepower as the busa. :rolleyes2:

Img_2152_CBR_Busa.jpg

Concours was a change, big! Everyone that rides the Hayabusa always comments on how planted it feels and how well it handles. Uh Huh!! :thumbsup:

Img_2156_Busa_Concours14.jpg

Paul and Michelle - Paul was celebrating his 50th birthday, and this was Michelle's gift to him. :cheerleader:

Img_2157_paul_michelle.jpg

Watching the surfers

Img_2160_surfer.jpg

Img_2159_surfer.jpg

Img_2163_surfer.jpg

Paul, Michelle, Sean & Kim- 3 1/2 days of riding together, our ride was starting to draw to a close.

Img_2162_canadians.jpg

One last lunch together at the Lucia Lodge...

Img_2180_Lucia_Lodge.jpg

...what a view that place has!

Img_2179_LuciaLodge.jpg

Img_2166_Lucia_Lodge_view.jpg

After lunch, we took one last stop along California Big Sur overlooking the Pacific Ocean.

Good times.

Img_2188_sean_kim.jpg

Incredible scenery.

Img_2192_Big_Sur.jpg

Good people.

Img_2194_paul_michelle.jpg

A ride of grandiose proportions.

[
Img_2182_end_800.jpg

-fin-

On my ride home, a non-stop mad dash across the state to get home to the wife and my kids, the Hayabusa humming beneath me, there was a bit of time to reflect. The Grand Tour. Lost in my thoughts, swiming in the emotional immersion of just having to only think about the ride. A ride that excels and surpasses your own expectations. You can lose yourself on the motorcycle. Setting aside a block of time for yourself where all that exists is riding off into the sunset each day. That's the only thing you've to concern yourself with. That's what The Grand Tour should be. And it was.

Steve, Bob, Michelle, Paul, Kim, Sean, Haroldo & Billie

Img_2028_group.jpg

One day we shall meet.

Unbelievable.

Thank you for sharing.

:bowdown:

A ride with Pashnit just made it on to my bucket list. Fantastic as usual....I am left in awe and envy of the scenery.:beerchug:

Back