Just dropped mine. Anyone else?

i'm with blazing-saddle...i've been lucky up to this point but it can happen at anytime to anyone. i've had a couple close calls though...

I see a distinct lack of frame sliders. I had one drop in a parking lot after a full tank ride w/ no breaks (exhausted)...ZERO damage. Frame slider didn't touch the ground for more than a second...talk about adrenaline strength.

"Wish I'd had fairing bobbins"

How about these? (T-Rex)

003_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for you bud. At least you are OK. Life is still good and it will be another day tomorrow so get it fixed and enjoy the beast as much as you can. Good Luck.

DSC_0001.jpg

Thanks bud. I would rather have the no cut one's anyway. I saw one they did at our dealer and to me i think they could have done a better job. It was not centered at all and i knew then i would never have that done to mine. I like the Look of yours. Thanks again, Doug

Last edited:
I wouldn't have fixed it. By the time he wears out the tires on it, he could have bought another bike with what he'll pay for repairs.

Glad you got it fixed. I know how it can be. I dropped mine in the garage. I lost my balance on the transition lip between the garage and the driveway. A friend of mine had jinxed me a week earlier. Luckily, there wasn't much damage. I few scratches that we easily fixable with some touch up paint and some wet sanding. Stator cover was also scratched but I was planning on changing it out anyway with a chrome cover.

Sliders/bobbins might not stop all the damage but they help. Consider a woodcraft cover as well. The stocker will break very easily and leave you stranded with oil dripping out of it.

Sliders saved some damage to mine. Still lost most of the plastic but the fairings were only lightly scuffed. Slid 25-30 feet.

IMG_4395 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4398 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4400 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4403 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4406 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
I had that happen on my 06. The raplacement side cowling is less money that painting and replacing the graphics. There is a board sponsor that carries the replacement cowlings. They come painted and have the graphics on them.

Same deal but I fell over on the right side at the end of my driveway. I got-off real lucky with mostly scratches although the lower side cowling is cracked in two (at the bolt and where it covers the stator cover). Have already bought replacement pipes (which will be modified/shortened by a member here) and over the winter I'll replace the lower cowling, right side mirror and a foot-peg. Didn't even scratch the brake lever.

th_DSC00068.jpg

I can't believe it. I had another close call. Just stopped at my drive before pulling out into the road -- again adverse camber on left -- put my foot down to stop and it slipped a bit on the gravel. Just managed to save it this time. I'm 5' 11' and I must admit I find the whole bike too high in its stock form, and when riding I find my leathers snatch at my knees and prevent me from getting my feet of the pegs for a split second.

So, was thinking about doing the following:

1. Bar risers 1.5"
2. Lower the bike 2"
3. Get the Buell pegs that drop your feet 2"

This make any sense? I had a ZX-9R B3 that wasn't much lighter than the Busa and never had a problem with that, even with 2-up. Does the Busa have an inordinately high centre of gravity? Or am I just getting too old for this caper? :laugh:

Thanks all!

Back