Once again, I present to you another alien thread!

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
Please don't hurt me!
shutup.gif

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24070088-13762,00.html

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>

FORMER NASA astronaut and moon-walker Dr Edgar Mitchell - a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission - has stunningly claimed aliens exist.
And he says extra-terrestrials have visited Earth on several occasions - but the alien contact has been repeatedly covered up by governments for six decades.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'

He said supposedly real-life ET's were similar to the traditional image of a small frame, large eyes and head.

Chillingly, he claimed our technology is "not nearly as sophisticated" as theirs and "had they been hostile", he warned "we would be been gone by now".

Dr Mitchell, along with with Apollo 14 commander Alan Shepard, holds the record for the longest ever moon walk, at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission.

"I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real," Dr Mitchell said.

"It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it.

"I've been in military and intelligence circles, who know that beneath the surface of what has been public knowledge, yes - we have been visited. Reading the papers recently, it's been happening quite a bit."

Dr Mitchell, who has a Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical engineering and a Doctor of Science degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics claimed Roswell was real and similar alien visits continue to be investigated.

He told the astonished Kerrang! radio host Nick Margerrison: "This is really starting to open up. I think we're headed for real disclosure and some serious organisations are moving in that direction."

Mr Margerrison said: "I thought I'd stumbled on some sort of astronaut humour but he was absolutely serious that aliens are definitely out there and there's no debating it."

Officials from NASA, however, were quick to play the comments down.

In a statement, a spokesman said: "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe.

'Dr Mitchell is a great American, but we do not share his opinions on this issue.'

[/quote]

Hmmmm interesting.

he's either telling the truth in which our Government is covering up [of course we ALL KNOW THAT NEVER HAPPENS EVER], or lieing so he can go out with a bang of media coverage and money, or willingly or hypnotically working for the government since it is time to dig up the UFO stories to misdirect our attention off more important things that actually affect us like war, economy, elections, terrorism etc

From the NY Times:

July 24, 2008, 6:43 pm
When an Astronaut Believes in Aliens
By MIKE NIZZA

U.F.O. sightings are commonplace. Belief in aliens is high. Proof, of course, is hard to come by. In May, Jeff Peckman earned national attention for simply claiming to have a video showing an alien. The screening, though, was disappointing.

This week, another believer stepped forward to claim another round of headlines. But he wasn't shopping any proof, just a sterling background on the subject. Here's a few headlines from Google News:

"“ Apollo 14 Moonwalker Claims Aliens Exist
"“ Apollo Astronaut Edgar Mitchell Claims UFO Cover Up
"“ Ex-NASA scientist says aliens exist
"“ Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up

Edgar Mitchell, the sixth man to walk on the moon, appeared on a British radio show to say that he was "privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the U.F.O. phenomena is real."￾

A close watcher of Mr. Mitchell wouldn't have heard anything new. As Robert Pearlman, the editor of CollectSpace, wrote on a message board:

Based on the nine minute call, it (a) doesn't seem to be anything tremendously different from prior comments and writings by Dr. Mitchell, and (b) he isn't actually claiming first-hand knowledge but rather repeating what he was told by others. It is no secret that Dr. Mitchell's Noetic Science Institute attracts those that believe in extraterrestrials and that he has attended numerous conferences where they have been on the agenda for discussion, thus what he says here is of little surprise (and some might argue, consequence).

Indeed, Mr. Mitchell's similar remarks in the past are available on YouTube, here, here and here.

While Mr. Mitchell, 77, is certainly entitled to his own views on the issue, the rest of us may need to wait for something more convincing. In the end, it would seem that the latest flare-up in alien news may be explained away in exactly the same way that a Reuters headline panned a new movie based on a television show that stirred the same part of our imaginations: "Little to believe in with new "ËœX-Files' movie."￾

IMHO...

IF there were aliens could the wipe us out... duh!
now what is their interest in us? .. Food? gimmme a break, they are advanced remember? I think curiosity in evolution..

They would need us for?

yep zero, nada, zilch... except for one special thing we have ourselves found to be amazingly similar and common to all species... DNA...

hmmmmm so if they are that advanced, perhaps they found a single redeeming value in the "human species" ... IMHO that might be "Imagination"

Refreshing thought considering our hostile, self destructive, war mongering ways..... maybe they can harvest our one attribute?
whistling.gif

I love this stuff btw...
smile.gif

ya gotta admit it... if we went back to caveman days where they had little or no communication and weren't as bright as us, they would probably think we were there to kill them and take their caves and food. they would fear our power and be very hostile toward us as they go into defensive mode to protect their existance. just like we would do if we met aliens

Technology has advanced Quite Rapidly in the last Century.............Area 51.  Little Blue NOT Green Men....... Millions of Galaxies out there.....Sometimes you gota think out of the Box.........I Sincerely think we are NOT ALONE !!!!!!!  My MOM (God Rest Her Soul) used to talk about playing with little blue kids back in the TEXAS Ranch she Grew Up in. Mom Never Lied. NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!!....DEVOTE CATHOLIC, Rosary, Prayers Every Night...The Whole Nine Yards.....Don't Know
dunno.gif

I don't know if there visiting earth. But I defiantly beleive there is other intelligent life out there with out a doubt.

IMHO...

IF there were aliens could the wipe us out...  duh!
now what is their interest in us? .. Food?  gimmme a break, they are advanced remember?  I think curiosity in evolution..

They would need us for?  

yep zero, nada, zilch...   except for one special thing we have ourselves found to be amazingly similar and common to all species... DNA...    

hmmmmm   so if they are that advanced, perhaps they found a single redeeming value in the "human species"  ...  IMHO that might be "Imagination"    

Refreshing thought considering our hostile, self destructive, war mongering ways.....     maybe they can harvest our one attribute?    
whistling.gif

I love this stuff btw...
smile.gif
they want to know the secret behind the hayabusa
laugh.gif

To think we are the only ones in the whole universe is pretty small minded.
I mean if you were in "their shoes", and came upon a world like ours, where the people keep on having wars with each other, and just killing for the fun and profit of it.
Would you want to make contact?
rock.gif
???
After all if they know how to get here, they are a long way ahead of us in technology...
The best rockets we have today, would take something like 185 years to reach the NEAREST star; and that one is only something like 4 or 5 light years from Earth.
The Milky Way Galaxy is about 100,000 light years across.
And there are Billions of stars in it
Then consider that there are hundreds of billions of Galaxies out there.....
The numbers are even more staggering than the National Debt, (if it were in pennies).

OK I've ranted on long enough.....just MHO....

I have seen "lights in the sky" do some things that there is not the technology, on Earth, to do.

Pffft, what a nut case, everyone knows that the Roswell incident was really only a weather balloon.

alien-weed.jpg

To think we are the only ones in the whole universe is pretty small minded.
Nah, not small minded, just need some empirical evidence is all, until then all that big universe theory is simply conjecture. Kinda of falls into the Bigfoot and Loch Ness monster type stuff category. But thats me, by know means am I diss'n your views.
peace.gif

IMHO...

IF there were aliens could the wipe us out... duh!
now what is their interest in us? .. Food? gimmme a break, they are advanced remember? I think curiosity in evolution..

They would need us for?

yep zero, nada, zilch... except for one special thing we have ourselves found to be amazingly similar and common to all species... DNA...

hmmmmm so if they are that advanced, perhaps they found a single redeeming value in the "human species" ... IMHO that might be "Imagination"

Refreshing thought considering our hostile, self destructive, war mongering ways..... maybe they can harvest our one attribute?
whistling.gif

I love this stuff btw...
smile.gif
or compassion, or empathy, or humility........

It certainly isn't our fear, anger, narcissism....yada, yada, yada........we, as a species, simply are NOT that impressive........

Humor: Except those of us that ride Hayabusa's !!!!!!
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

I just want some to visit me to help me Mod up my Busa! I would promise them I wouldn't say anything about my encounter. Nor let anyone catch me to question me about it!
whistling.gif

Wouldn't mind having my bike hooked up to reach light speed. Wouldn't mind it one bit. Just buy me the best scuba gear out there and go riding off to the nearest galaxy LOL

Things that go bump in the sky. Yep, they're out there. I have seen things that our science can't even begin to explain, and it wasn't swamp gas.

Back