New Rider Intro and some basic questions

Dragula08

Registered
Hey guys, My name is Matt I am very new to the Hayabusa world LOL I owned a 2006 ZX14 for a couple of years and it was recently stolen. I also own a couple of ZX10's well after my 14 got stolen I decided (at the behest of my builder) to try an 08 Busa. My initial impression is good I think th epower is maybe a little better compared to a stock 14 (my 14 was pretty heavily modified)The fit and finish of the bike itself is AMAZING!! the seating position is a little sportier READ uncomfortable LOL then my 14 was. But I am very impressed with the bike so far. Over the next year I will begin getting it ready for dragracing but this late in the season I am going to keep it relatively close to stock for now. I am about to install the Brocks Alien Head exhaust with power commander and the Drag race essentials kit with the window style lowering links. I will give smae day same dyno comparisons between the Brocks and the Yoshi slip on's and the stock exhaust as well as the tsukigi oval canister sometime next week. But for now I have a few basic questions. Before I lay my fat butt on the ground and get to work, how easy is the rear fender to remove?? And do I need to purchase an under tail (and if so which one?) or can I just buy some l brackets and screw them into the factory holes. The local law enforcement is not concerned about maintaining the light so that is not an issue. SO who makes an affordable attractive undertail kit? Also I did a roughly 400 mile ride sunday and my ASS IS KILLING ME!!! any suggestions on seat s would be greatly appreciated. I wouldnt mind a gel seat if they look good as well as being comfortable.

Also not to
deadhorse.gif
but
whatsatre.png
and I know it wasnt neccesary on the 14 but do I need it on the Busa.

Also anyone know off the top of their head if anyone (besides shoei) makes a helmet that kind of matches the black and orange.

ALso does anyone know where I can get a gel seat or anything that has an Orange Kanji symbol or do most poeple have those put on??

Sorry for all the questions but I am not used to the abundance of aftermarket parts that are available for the busa we didnt have that much stuff for the 14 LOL

Thanks
Matt AKA BlackMagic~ZX14, Dragula~08 Busa

Welcome to the oRg. If you want a custom seat with a Kanji, check into a Tobin. Not sure on the helmet, or at least I have never seen anything other than a Shoei in what you are looking for. I have a Gen 1 so I dont know what parts are available for the k8, but I do know you will not need a TRE unless you plan to exceed the 186 mph restriction. Other than that, I dont know much. Again, welcome, glad to have ya and post up some pics when you can, we love em!
beerchug.gif

Welcome, you can do a search on this forum, and find answers to probably all your questions. I know I have read threads on most of your questions. As far as the Helmets, I am assuming you got the orange and black since you mentioned the orange kanji. Not many helmets out that have orange, black and some red. I know I only found a handful, but if you want one specifically with the Kanji, you stuck with Shoei (As far as I know). Good Luck and enjoy!

welcome.gif
to ya bro~~~~ You have just stepped into the best busa world out there.... Use the "search" feature up top and you can find all the past info you can take...plus post up just as you have- You are truly gettin' into an addiction 'cause it's limitless as to how you can customize yo' baby
welcome.gif

100_7137copy.jpg

welcome.gif

bike5yc8.jpg

bike6zy4.jpg

forweb008.jpg

BIKEPICS7.jpg

Here are some pics of the things I love to ride LMAO I through that one of my wife in there just for fun LOL

I will post up pics of the busa after I get the pipe and stuff installed tommorrow

Back