Trin's New Pet...

The Oracle

Registered
My daughter (she's a 3-YO) loves her new pet snake... He is a corn snake and his name is Mello Yellow (yes, he's mad about Saffron). He is six months old (we've had him for 2 months now) and he's albino. His color is striped butter, and she chose him because he is yellow (her favorite color). He's only about 18 inches long right now, but growing fast.

Here are some videos and photos from when we first got him...

t1.JPG

t4.JPG

t3.JPG

t5.JPG

t2.JPG

Here he is getting ready to chow down on a small pinky.
my.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Cute Snake. I like the yellow ones too!

I can handle Domesticated snakes (if there is such a thing). And that one looks like a worm so I could handle that.

I am DEATHLY AFRAID of those snakes that you just happen to wander upon OUTSIDE.. I even get freaked out when I see one hit in the middle of the road.

Cute Snake. I like the yellow ones too!

I can handle Domesticated snakes (if there is such a thing). And that one looks like a worm so I could handle that.

I am DEATHLY AFRAID of those snakes that you just happen to wander upon OUTSIDE.. I even get freaked out when I see one hit in the middle of the road.
Speaking of in the road... I almost had a nasty spill running over a live snake. You wouldn't believe how slippery they are during knee dragging corners...

And, I gave the guy behind me a heart attack, when it kicked up and nailed his windshield. He sh@t himself... HA! That was a good day on the Blue Ridge Parkway...

Congrates!!! we have had snakes, lizards, geckos and other reptiles in the house for some time now. the last was a Tokay Gecko, talk about a an awesome little critter. This thing ate like there was no tomorrow. once a week it got a "pinky" and it was kewl watching him attack and eat the thing. (sorry for those that don't get into this). Tragedy is that the Gecko died a few weeks ago, we had it for almost 3 years. Now we are trying a Tarantula... she's pretty kewl to watch as she walks her cage. She eats mostly crickets... at first she would capture 2-3 at time, now she just goes after them one at a time.

Once again Congrates on the snake!!!

Well call me Indiana Jones cause I hate snakes, unnatural, unhealthy, uncomprehensible, outragesous and senseless fear of snakes, so much so that people I know won't bring one near me they know I will actually hurt them if the do...kids a cutie pie though! Ahh they grow so fast though...
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Nice snake! Our older son (19) has a Dumeril's boa.

very nice. i bought a python many years ago and the mouse i fed it killed it. well thats what the shop owner said. he said if it doesnt eat it pretty quickly get the mouse out of the cage or it can bite the snake and give it infection.

HOLY SH#T!!

Its the Oracle!!
beerchug.gif

How ya been man, haven't seen a post from you in a while
thumb_up.gif
cool.gif

Way cool!

Another great snake for kids is a Rosy Boa. Very docile critter, content to curl up in your hand as move away.

Great learning opportunity for your kids. Ms. Crocodile Hunter in your future, maybe?!
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Mello Yello is almost five feet long now ... Trinity still loves him like the day he came home to us.

Here is a photo from a while back:

2009-10-18%20151.jpg

Re: Trin's New Pet...

Don't ever visit Australia, then. - Sooooooo many snakes here.
Ha!, a friend of mine was out riding through the bush, when the bike in front of him ran over a Brown Snake (2nd most venomous snake in the world) and flung it straight into his face. :rofl: Luckily, he didn't get bitten.

Another snake story: a friend's grandfather saw a huge carpet python on the side of the road. He stopped, stuffed the snake into an old potato sack and took it home, where he put it into one of his empty aviaries. Now, snakes are pretty good at escaping, so Bill's grandad was worried that the python would get out and eat some of his prize parrots. Well, the snake did escape, but it didn't eat any of the birds. - It ate the neighbours' cat, instead.

Last edited:
Back