keep my sweeeeet 04 or get an 08

mattyss

Rockin My Reflectors
Donating Member
Registered
I listed my bike for sale and got an offer which would get me an close too an 08 .I shopped for one last weekend and can get a new one for around 11200 out the door I would have to add around $1700 after sale of my 04 .

its a hard choice I love my bike about 3  years in the works. just about finished execpt for chroming everything that isnt yet.. I also think im getting a good price for my bike..
  heres a pic a little help!!

busa12.jpg

that bike looks Good, no Great!! if you can mod the 08 like you want to, then maybe a change would be good. tough choice to make! good luck!
beerchug.gif

Dayum Bro, the 04' looks awesome... I have an 08' but came from a blackbird, so the 08' is my first Busa. It would be a hard call not knowing the difference between Gen1 and Gen2, but I love the 08'... Good luck with whatever you decide, and for what it's worth, I don't think you will go wrong whichever way you go...
beerchug.gif

Can't tell you what to do but for what its worth (opinion) here's my take on it:
I have an '04, a bit of work & custom paint on it. Lets just say its personalized. All the work & $$ spent on it mean alot to me. I'm not parting with my '04 just to get a stock bike. Maybe the new one has a few more ponies, handles & stops a tick better etc but its still a stock off the show room floor bike.

I don't ride mine to test the laws of physics so a few more HP, better brakes & better handling don't mean a lot to me. The Busa is already in a class by itself & if the super performance bug were to bite I could add more HP, better brakes & up grade the suspension.

Granted I have some good money tied up into the bike now and I am still not done. I just got a new
tranny for it and I am beefing it up. I don't have alot of power mods on it but it is setup more
for show. The bike gets an amazing amount of attention! But would I trade it in for a new stock
08? I am sure I would. I am the type of person that gets bored with my toys in little as 2 weeks.
I need change, it makes all the difference. Plus you can't go wrong with the performance of the 08!!

Tough choice. That is why I have not got a new Busa. I have so much in the bike I just keep updating it. If you have the money nad like to start over on a new project go for the 08.

I considered getting an 08' and transferring the body and all from my 06' to it. But after all the work I just did, I be dammed to start with another stocker.

Back