Pics of my Winter Project

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
Over the winter, I was kinda scarce around here. Spent most of my time finishing off my basement. It's been a work in progress since I bought the house in 2002; well, more planning than work! LOL. I first built my woodshop/workshop. I love woodworking and need a place to store some toys.
tounge.gif
After that, I went through several designs of how I wanted to do the basement. I knew I wanted a full bath, but needed to figure out where. A couple of years ago, I sawed through the concrete to begin stubbing the plumbing.

Life got in the way; kids' soccer, baseball, scouts, etc. and the basement took a back seat. Well, over the winter, I found time to finish it up. I did all the work myself. The only exception was the carpet; had that one done for me; save my knees. LOL

Here are some pics...

From the landing looking down. Ahead is a storage room...

IMG_9691.JPG

Wifey wanted slate for the shower surround. That led to the floor...and the baseboard, too!

Ahead is the theatre room and the bath...

IMG_9692.JPG

I made a 'frame' for the mirror out of the slate and then had the mirror cut to fit.

IMG_9696.JPG

The theatre room: I built a raised platform for the 'back row'. Works out well! The big cabinet I built for my aquarium.

IMG_0272.JPG

It's still empty here; this was right after the carpet install. All my gear is down there now; DVR, DVD, SlingBox, Xbox 360, Media PC, etc... Projector is an Optoma. I ran HDMI, Component, VGA, and composite to it... I also installed a Lutron lighting controller. I have 4 'scenes' preset. Also, I can control everything (lights, sound, movies, projector, Xbox, etc.) from my Logitech Harmony remote.
thumb_up.gif

IMG_0636.JPG

My daughters had fun down there for their birthday. Just a couple of their friends enjoying the show...getting ready for a sleep over!

IMG_0820.JPG

Of course what else would a bunch of 7 year old girls be watching on a 103" screen?!

IMG_0821.JPG

I need to go down there and build something...lumber rack is too full! LOL

IMG_9705.JPG

Time-Warner hates coming over... I do my own 'rebroadcasting' within the house. I can watch any DVR, DVD, VCR on any TV in the house.

IMG_9710.JPG

Back