This vibration is killing my hands.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
mytone @ Jun. 24 2008 said:
1461083[/ATTACH] PM]
For Christ sake don't cruse between 4500-4700 other than that the bike is bad ass.
That is where the engine tachs at interstate speeds... Which do you suggest? slow down and get ran over in 4 lanes of traffic or speed up which is also difficult in 4 lanes of traffic
sadnews.gif
Change gears... Run in 5th for awhile. It will use a little more gas but who cares as long as it makes you more comfortable..

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

If your hand is going to sleep it is not from vibration. I know guys that ride Harley's all day long and their bikes will shake your teeth out. You are putting to much pressure on your hands and/or gripping the bars too tightly. Normally your right hand will go to sleep because you are focusing on the throttle and gripping more then you should be. Try bending your elbows, straighten your back out and squeeze your knees on the tank. I rode 7 hours in one day, can feel the 4000rpm buzz, but only got numb hand once when I was riding for a few miles with one hand (was not riding with proper form). If you don't like the buzz then like others said but bar ends that weigh more on which should calm it down. All engines have buzz it is the amount of money the manufacture puts into isolating you from the buzz that make the difference. Some do better then others go drive a KIA and a Honda back to back you will know why Honda charges more.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
AM -->
select20 @ Jun. 23 2008 said:
1462269[/ATTACH] AM]
Thats one thing I really disliked about my Busa. People on here say they don't notice them. Maybe its because they haven't ridden other bikes? I don't know. Other people I let ride my Busa, one of the first things they said it "Damn that vibration, will it go away?". Not always in those words, but was always one of the first things they noticed.

Those who say you're holding the bars too tight...etc...are full of ****.  I barely grip my bars.

The excessive vibes in the pegs and bars were the first thing I noticed on my '05 Busa.  And they were for REAL. Seemed to be there most of the time when I rode. If I had test ridden the bike before I bought it (first bike I didn't do this with)I wouldn't have pulled the trigger.   I had other guys ride my bike and they noticed it too.  My buddy has an '05 and is didn't seem to buzz as much as mine but it was till vibey.    I guess it's what you're used to.  I came off a Blackbird which has NONE of that....lots of power but never put my hand or feet to sleep.  It was night and day for me....the Bird being true pleasure with the Busa being annoying and buzzy.

I put up with the Busa for about 3 months and couldn't stand the buzz anymore...sold it and have been riding a '98 Blackbird...still way excessive power for the street and smooth as butter...no vibration.....to me it's absolute heaven in comparison.   Never ridden an '08 Busa but looks like I'll be keeping my Bird.  Some can tolerate vibration more than others.  I find it super annoying and tire of a bike real quick if it has a lot of noticeable vibes like my '05 did.  And I'm of the opinion that almost nothing can fix it.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

zzwhip.gif
PM -->
skater69 @ Jun. 28 2008 said:
1462438[/ATTACH] PM]
Those who say you're holding the bars too tight...etc...are full of ****.  I barely grip my bars.
I'm not holding the grips tight either... I can ride for 2 hours just sporting around town and not even notice it but a steady cruise at 4700 RPM for 30 minutes and my hands are shot. The 08 has me written all over it but for highway pleasure I think I need a second bike.

I just picked up a new SR50 R Direct Injected Aprilia for scooting around on short trips and this thing is a blast! and 80+ mpg

Aprilia_red.jpg

zzwhip.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
mytone @ Jun. 24 2008 said:
1462460[/ATTACH] PM]
For Christ sake don't cruse between 4500-4700 other than that the bike is bad ass.
That is where the engine tachs at interstate speeds... Which do you suggest? slow down and get ran over in 4 lanes of traffic or speed up which is also difficult in 4 lanes of traffic
sadnews.gif
didnt you change gearing on this bike?

anyway..

Dr it hurts when I do this...

Then dont do this...
smile.gif

Vistacruise, throttlemeisters, cramp buster, Audiovox, Rostra, Foam replacement grips... and probably a dozen other remedies.. I think foam grips can be had for about 15 bucks..

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Change Sprockets. I have an 05 and had the same thing about the buzzing but only at a cetain RPM which of course was the RPM I was at most. So I went with a 16/42 sprocket setup and that changed the RPM at crusing speed got me out of the buzz zone. So now I am running higher rpm at 65mph but not but much but now at those speeds the buzz is almost gone or to the point that I do not think about it. On my zzr1200 I put Gel grips and that helped out as well. I did not want to put heavy bar ends on the bike because it weights enough so adding weight was not and option for me.

4,500 rpm is 85 mph on my '03.

I've never felt a vibration in my handlebars.

Just lucky, I guess.

--Wag--

I'm somewhat confused by this thread. My bike is barely cracking 4,000 rpm at 70 mph and it's a bone stock 2007. You must have pretty high expectations of "cruising" if you're all the way up at 4,500 rpm. Maybe your bike is geared differently than mine. I have never noticed any vibration, only wrist fatigue. I just installed a Vista Cruise on my bike this afternoon. I'm hoping it gives me chances to shake my wrist during long stretches of road.

My hands have always been a problem on this bike. I don't think it's the buzzing you're talking about as much as it's the longish reach to the bars and it just puts the wrists and fingers to sleep a little . I keep them loose and moving around and take breaks but......?????

Last edited:
I find that when im in a higher RPM and lower gear that I grip down harder to hold on, but if I am in a low RPM and higher gear, there is less tension there. You don't want to have a too relaxed grip, and you don't want to grip to tight for long periods of times either, just mix it up alittle and try not to stay in that 4,000-5,000 range by moving into a higher gear, then if you need to move fast for whatever reason you just slip it down 1 gear and give it gas, you will be out of that range and won't feel the shakes.

Last edited:
I posted a thing about this on the first page. Since then i have put the throttlemeister on mine and i really love it. I works very well and is so easy to install. I am planing on riding to myrtle beach in Oct and i knew the O ring thing just would not hold long enough. It was money well spent and i have notice less vibb in mine now.

big ol tool do you mind telling us how we can get some of those barends? also does anyone know how much the stock barends wiegh? thanks

You could also try a set of Grip Puppies (google for them). They are cheap and provide enough cushion for me. Unfortunately they wear out after a year but...

Throttlemeister heavy ends - gives you a little vibration reduction and a cruise assist.

Those were machined out of billet by my older Brother about 20 years ago. I can't understand why these are not a regular production part. The brass is attractive and does a super job of eating the vibes but darned if I can find anyone making them en mass.

big ol tool do you mind telling us how we can get some of those barends? also does anyone know how much the stock barends wiegh? thanks

Back