a trip in the wayback machine

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
this is kinda cool

old TV Guide with Ads

bicentennial7.JPG

Well, you have me outdated. I only know a few of those shows, and that's because they were re-aired when I was a kid. I wasn't born until 75 so I likely can't remember much in terms of TV until about the 80s.

Now, if you were to find an ad with "Knight Rider", "The Dukes of Hazzard", "Mork and Mindy", "ALF", ect. I would then be walking down memory lane.

Ah yes the good old days.. we were kids and life was simple most of the time......except when mom said [wait until your dad gets home] oh the horror
guns.gif

Anybody here old enough to remember Ghoulardi? It may have been a regional show in the Cleveland area. I remember it well. How about Capt. Penny

notice the light heartedness of those shows compared to todays stuff: Battle of the Death bots killer explosion fisted grumble yelling enslaving rock moster destructive anime power cartoons

no wonder Saturday mornings are mostly NEWS shows now.... cartoons turned to crap.

"Go play your online sniper trying games, kids. Daddy downloaded some angst-enabling music I want to listen to on my prIvatePOD while I ignore you"

man. am I a cynic or what? ? ?
biggrin.gif

I have probably a hundred old Reader's Digests ranging from the '50s to the 80's, occasionally I glance through them at all the old ads.

Well, you have me outdated. I only know a few of those shows, and that's because they were re-aired when I was a kid. I wasn't born until 75 so I likely can't remember much in terms of TV until about the 80s.

Now, if you were to find an ad with "Knight Rider", "The Dukes of Hazzard", "Mork and Mindy", "ALF", ect. I would then be walking down memory lane.
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

Mork and Mindy RULED!! Don't forget Punky Brewster too!!

Child of 1976!

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

I didn't recognize any of those shows, wasn't born until 1977.....But I grew up Saturday Mornings watching The Smurfs, The Jetsons, and all the old Bugs Bunny & Friends cartoons.

I would love to find some of those old Bugs Bunny cartoons for my lil guy.

Anybody here old enough to remember Ghoulardi? It may have been a regional show in the Cleveland area. I remember it well. How about Capt. Penny
OMG - Ghoulardi? What great regional TV from Cleveland Ohio.

Later it was the Ghoul on Channel 61. Big Chuck and Hoolihan with Lil' John. And at Christmas it was Capt. Penny with Mr. Jingeling the "Keeper of the Keys." Capt. Penny would always end the show saying "You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool Mom." The whole thing was sponsored by Bosco, the chocolate crystal powder stuff you put in milk.

Whoo-hoo. Cleveland rocks!

I didn't recognize any of those shows, wasn't born until 1977.....But I grew up Saturday Mornings watching The Smurfs, The Jetsons, and all the old Bugs Bunny & Friends cartoons.  

I would love to find some of those old Bugs Bunny cartoons for my lil guy.
the thing I fail to understand is that they EDITED Bugs Bunny violence OUT -- cartoony looking Elmar Phud points his shotgun at Daffy Duck's head and USUALLY there would be an explosion and smoke and Daffy's head would be blackened and his beak on backwards, he would adjust it back around to his face and storm off. The EDIT shows a gun point and cuts to Daffy storming off. What THE HECK??

Yet MODERN stuff has these large, dark, evil, menacing looking robots or creatures launching nuclear missiles from their knuckles leveling buildings, destroying cities, and knocking their foe to the ground from 2000 feet.... how is that any better?

I remebmer PUFF-n-Stuff. It was all good fun and wonderful eye candy and I don't care what the drug culture thinks about it. As a kid, it do a thing to get me to smoke pot or anything like that. It WAS innocent fun, from a time when innocence was desired not mocked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back