Rebuild question

BigSimp

Donating Member
Registered
My rebuld on my 06 is going great, powder coated the frame so putting it back together is going slow becuase of the all the thread holes having to be redone. But my question is that I have heard that for an extended swingarm with a 240, I will have to either notch or grind the frame.  

And I have included a pic of its current state.

IMG00012.jpg

Putting the chain on will tell you what you need to know. Depends on how far offset to the right the back tire is. Most 240 kits don't use a jackshaft to keep the wheel centered, they just move the wheel to the right a little.

Do I understand correctly that the big tire kit offsets the rear tire to the right in order to align the chain?

If so, I bet that thing rides good?
firedevil.gif

I have an offset front sproket, everything looks tight, but everything is already bolted together. I would hate to have to pull stuff back apart to grind or notch the frame.

I have no experience with a fat tire kit but I'd think the offset sprocket would be the way to go? I couldn't imagine riding a bike with an off set rear wheel.

On some kits You need to notch the frame..

Nows the best time to do it while its all apart still!

Where did you get that nose from?  What kind of lights are you going to use with it?
The part is from pyramid plastics in the UK.  There have been many posts about it here on the board.  The kit comes with projector lights.  The kit replaces the oem headlight, but you need to fill the crease and paint to get the finished lokk I have.  Here is a bigger pic.

busacarbon5.jpg

Back