Todays ride in Southern Indiana

Shanling

Man ***** Extreme
Donating Member
Registered
Who is that coming down my street?

99busa_010.jpg

Wait...one of those bikes looks familiar and so does it's rider...

99busa_011.jpg

99busa could not make this ride as his front tire has yet to be fixed so we met Proud Dad and his Bro-in-law, Mel.

99busa_013.jpg

Here are the three of them talking about where we are going to go...

99busa_014.jpg

So since I already knew where we were going I turned to watch this Harley pull up to the fuel pumps...YIKES!

Calls for a
bump.gif

99busa_015.jpg

Now my front tire is in pretty bad shape so I was very nervous about riding it in the triple digits. So Proud Dad, Mr Bogus, and Mel decided to do some WOT riding. The Gixer got the jump on the Busas but the Busas reeled him in on the top end. By the time that I caught up with them, they had already shed their gear, fueled their bikes and were shooting the crap when I pulled up. I was doing between 90-110 the whole time. That was about as fast as I dared take my front tire.

99busa_018.jpg

We got into the twisties a little later and my FI light came on in the middle of a right hand turn. Felt like someone had shut my fuel off and almost dumped the bike. Ended up pulling to the side and switching her off for a second and then back on and all was fine for a little while. Scared Proud Dad and Mr. Bogus when they looked in their mirrors and Mel and me were no longer in view. Thanks Mel for hanging back with me after that. It happened again in another right hander while running high rpms and scared me again so I took it real easy after that. Mr. Bogus and I decided to grab a sandwhich before he headed to Fort Wayne and 99Busa came to meet us! I think he really likes food...

99busa_020.jpg

Shanling did Randy get heading home ok?
Yep. His GF called and she should be about two hours behind him.

Almost forgot. His rear tire is about done as a result of todays riding. We noticed some cord showing through in the very center of it. He is going to take it extra careful on the way back.

Shanling did Randy get heading home ok?
Yep. His GF called and she should be about two hours behind him.

Almost forgot. His rear tire is about done as a result of todays riding. We noticed some cord showing through in the very center of it. He is going to take it extra careful on the way back.
wow! I saw it was thin but didn't see that.
I think it might of had something to do with you two drifting through corners while on your way to breaking the sound barrier today!

It wasn't coming through around the entire tire. Just a couple of spots and had he not parked like he did when we got a sandwhich, I would not have seen it. Since I have been hanging out with you and Chris, I am overly tire sensitive I think...
laugh.gif

Hey where in southern Indiana did you ride? I live right between evansville and terre haute.

Back