Rostra Cruise installed.. (finally)

DR1300R

Keep On Trucking
Donating Member
Registered
Well awhile back I bought a used (Rostra) fully electronic cruise control from Pipefighter248 (Nathan).. Thank you Nathan..
winkold.gif

I have only run this for about 10 or 15 miles but wow how cool it is..
ThumbsUp.gif

Many thanks to those who helped in the trouble shooting..
jjmetheny (Jeff) and to MR.Bogus (Randy) thank you both for your time in helping us get this baby figured out and dialed in..
bowdown.gif

Really the install is simple with the servo being mounted in the tail section the rest is pretty simple if you follow the right ups that Jeff,Nathan and Randy have provided to us.. hard part getting her dialed in.. Mr Bogus Thank you again..
shake.gif

heres a pic of the custom mounted control..
cool.gif

2000_Hayabusa_025__Medium_.jpg

very nice...that will make those long trips a lot easier
beerchug.gif

That is too cool Doyle. I would have killed for that this weekend LOL. Good job
super.gif

When things settle down a little for me I may give one of the real cruise controls a try.

Yeah, the orange 1397 beast. Ran perfectly, started up hot every gas stop...very impressive. GMbusa knows his stuff
bowdown.gif

Glad you got it hooked up and are satisfied.
You decide not to use the PMR switch?
Yea what a pain in the arse to hook up the wires, so going a different route on the aux switches..

you can see what I used for a controller, works sweet and imo looks sweet..
cool.gif

PMR housing FOR SALE..
peace.gif

Good going Doyle! patience
smile.gif
Nice job on the switch BTW...

Chris, you can buy the vacuum operated Audiovox for less than the Throttlemeisters.. I went with the electronic Rostra because I did not want to deal with the vacuum reservoir..

Good going Doyle!  patience
smile.gif
 Nice job on the switch BTW...

Chris, you can buy the vacuum operated Audiovox for less than the Throttlemeisters..   I went with the electronic Rostra because I did not want to deal with the vacuum reservoir..
Thanks Randy..

The install for both is
easybutton.png

Even a caveman could it..
biggrin.gif

I want to see how you mounted your servo a bit better, I put mine behind the motor (just easiest) but I should move it out of the heat..

Back