music while riding

nychris

Registered
Does anyone have a good set up for listening to music while riding? I've tried my MP3 player with the earbuds under my helmet but they start to come out after a few minutes. Maybe I just need a new pair of earbuds that won't fall out with a helmet on. Does anyone recommend a specific pair of earbuds or maybe an MP3 player that you can easily mount somewhere or flip through songs easily? What about helmet speakers, do they actually work?

Thanks

i've got a Chatterbox with a MP3 player plugged into it and use helmet speakers...it works great IMO...i'm also able to connect my cell phone to it through Bluetooth
beerchug.gif

I have an Autocom system. MP3, XMradio, two-way radio, cell phone and passenger to rider! Great setup!
thumb_up.gif

I use a starcom digital , connected through the sat nav , listen to music stored in the sat nav , I keep it turned down for myself , and the wife has it louder to keep her distracted .
Though I have not got around to fitting it all onto the busa yet .
Need to figure out how to set up a bracket for the sat nav

You think its a good idea to listen and ride? I kinda like to hear whats going on around me.
I don't like to hear anything besides music. Seriously, what do you need to hear? Maybe cruising in thick city traffic yeah, but 75% of the time you don't need to hear anything.
You either understand traffic flow, pinch points and anticipate things or you don't...
Maybe it's just an excuse used to listen to that $1000 pipe.
winkold.gif

Oh...Etymotic Research ER-6's. Best in the business. $90
or Philips ear buds from Walgreens. $20 I cut the little hard stems attached to the Philips and sanded the nub
smooth, now they don't protrude at all.

I use the SCALA RIDER Q2 bluetooth headset. Speakers mount right in the ear holes inside your helmet. Very comfortable, you cant even feel them. I can bluetooth to my cell phone and use the FM radio feature to tune to my STILETTO 2 Sirius sattelite radio I have on a stem mount. Sirius radio functions as a sat radio and an mp3 player (runs about $320). Could be better, if its off the charger, playing or not, it will run down in like 3 hrs. I do have the vehicle mount for the Sat radio on my bike so it runs off the bikes battery.

beerchug.gif

As far as earbuds go, your best bang for the buck is from Skull Candy. Their buds run about 20 smackers and have a lifetime warranty. they come with 3 diff bud sizes and i poped on the big ones and put em in my ear they formed a suction and without the music on i could barely hear anything. I got bored with my tipical music and decided to listen to some Hans Zimmer and heard every high and low. Again, best bang for your buck!
lurk.gif

My blackberry curve has an mp3 player that I've been using. The earphones that it came with work well and don't fall out. Plus, there's a little button on the line that pauses the music so I don't have to pull the phone out of my pocket. What's more, it notifies me (bling bling) when I get a text or something. I'd like to get the whole bluetooth setup but I think I'll make a few more payments on the bike before I start adding stuff to it.
biggrin.gif

I also like to listen to music/talk radio when on ling rides. Just something in the background. I can still hear everything around me. I bet the guys that say it is not a good idea have the loudest pipes in the group. I think the loud pipes are more of a distraction that music in the back ground.

their is nothing wrong with listening to to music as long as it is not blaring in your ears.

You think its a good idea to listen and ride? I kinda like to hear whats going on around me.
+1.  ive tried it and dont like it.  i too like to hear whats going on around me
i tried it also, but prefer to have full contact with my surroundings.

i did use a pair of flat headphones which connect around the ears then behind the neck, [the cross brace doesn't sit on top of the head]. i also used ear plugs to drown out the engine. i pumped up the music, but with the earplugs only the music came in, and at a perfect level.

i found myself a little disconnected from the outside world so i prefer no music. but to each his own.

Waiting for BigMac0331, SKOTTY, BigBsBusa and the rest of the clan to make fun of me and my WALKMAN!
laugh.gif

I have a MP3 player and i went through 4 diffrent sets of ear plugs i ended up with the JVC jell plugs i have rode with them in my ear for 10 hrs and they stay in and no pain lol...

I use my iPhone and some Sony earbuds. They don't ever fall out and can't hear a thing. I do put on a Under Armor skully cap on before I put on my helmet so it doesn't pull the earbuds out when sliding my helmet on.

I think here in Florida it's against the law to ride with earphones in. Unless law changed...?

Back