Cleaning my '08 - found this

if you don't push the twisties hard (which it doesn't appear is your thing), another option is the Pirelli Diablo Strada...it uses the same compound as the regular Diablo but just has a lot more rubber and therefore a longer life...they are good for 7000+ miles, warm up to operating temps for road use quickly even in the winter, and stick well even on wet roads...great all around tire IMO
beerchug.gif

I can't believe you are driving around with that thing. That is like riding with a live grenade in your pocket.

Any time,, at any speed,, that thing could send you into a new world.
Can I also assume
rant.gif

1. You do not wash your bike often
2. You have not checked the air pressure since the tire was new
3. You have never taken a Motorcycle Safety course

If you have to ask, "Do I need to look for a new rear?" Should you have a motorcycle license?
laugh.gif
Yeah,, I recommend staying in a constant lean.

There are a few people here,, (and in life) that want and expect everyone else to observe everything for them!!

My Sister had a car that she drove to California once,, the engine was making a funny sound. What did she do?

Well,,, she turned the radio up,, of course! Worked great until the engine ceased from oil starvation.
firedevil.gif

2800 miles on the Bridgestone Battlax, sitting next to a Pilot Road 2ct.
I have about 300 miles on the new tire and I am pretty happy with it so far, I spend alot of time in the twistys but needed a little more tread life.

DSC09769__Large___2_.JPG

I can't believe you are driving around with that thing. That is like riding with a live grenade in your pocket.

Can I also assume  
rant.gif

If you have to ask, "Do I need to look for a new rear?" Should you have a motorcycle license?
First of all bro... you shouldn't assume - because we all know what that can do to you
winkold.gif

Second of all, I wash my bike and DETAIL it at least 3 times per week (more if I ride it more) - It gets a wipe down after every ride.

I was just curious if this was normal "wear" for the tire seeing how I've never owned a bike such as the Busa (got this one for a Christmas present). Yes, I've been on bikes since I was 7 (had my license since 16 - I'm 39 now), but I have never had anything close to this (my Katana 750 was probably the closest - but it's not even in the same category). Now that I'm older and a little wiser, I'm trying to learn some of the stuff that I should've learned while growing up. So if you will just bear with me a bit, I WILL get it.

Thanks for the patience.

Greg

Hey with the squareness of them tyres you dont need a sidestand. The sides look like they are still brand new.. aint there no twisties in you area ?  
cool.gif

Stick to the same tyre you have on now 4200 is extremely good for bridgestones ive never had more than 2500 also b est dry grip and good in the wet also
I do hit the twisties when I can (probably 1000 miles of the 4200 that i've put on) - the rest is just in town/interstate because I just can't stay off of this machine!
thumb_up.gif
Every errand I run, or if I just need to go to Walmart, I jump on the Busa! I just want to ride - I don't care where it's to!

It's a disease I tell ya!

Can I also assume
rant.gif

First of all bro... you shouldn't assume - because we all know what that can do to you
winkold.gif

Second of all, I wash my bike and DETAIL it at least 3 times per week (more if I ride it more) - It gets a wipe down after every ride.

I was just curious if this was normal "wear" for the tire seeing how I've never owned a bike such as the Busa (got this one for a Christmas present). Yes, I've been on bikes since I was 7 (had my license since 16 - I'm 39 now), but I have never had anything close to this (my Katana 750 was probably the closest - but it's not even in the same category). Now that I'm older and a little wiser, I'm trying to learn some of the stuff that I should've learned while growing up. So if you will just bear with me a bit, I WILL get it.

Thanks for the patience.

Greg
It's all cool, Greg. We are all on a learning curve,,, well,,, most of us.
laugh.gif

I got over 4500+ on my Avon Azaro AV46ST 200 rear,, and it was as sticky as most. Avon has moved on to other new variants.

It depends on what you want. These Vipers are next on my list.
Viper+Sport+Supersport+AV60+Rear1211612837.jpg

Here's where I found those pics and products.
icon2.gif
Tiresunlimited.com

4,200 miles isn't bad for that kind of tire. A 200 series wouldn't fare any better I believe. My last rear was a Pilot Road and I got over 8,000 miles out of it. I'm trying a PR2CT on the rear for my tour starting tomorrow (YAY) and I'll see how well it performs (and) lasts.
CBX

Does the Pilot Road come in a speed rating faster than 149?? 8,000 is amazing.

Oh btw..., tires can transition from what HiGain posted to what was originally posted in a good weekend. When they go, they go in a hurry!

I'll be getting the same again - i reckon anything over 4000miles out of a tyre that has to transmit 180bhp + to the tarmac is a tyre worth buying again
thumb_up.gif

I just changed out my BT015's and got an incredible 1900 miles.

I have Pirelli Corsa III's on my gixxer and they are great performers and appear to be wearing well.

If I was looking for a long life tire with good performance as well, I'd go with the Bridgestone BTO21. Great tire you can drag you knee on as well as much longer life than your BTO15's you are currently running.

The 15's you are on are great performance tires. I spanked mine on a couple different track days and was quite impressed. I'm not sure you'll find a better street tire if you are looking for performance?

Also, Bridgestone now has it's BTO16 available to the public. It's a tripple compound on the rear and dual compound front. I'm thinking about trying these tires out some time this summer?

if you don't push the twisties hard (which it doesn't appear is your thing), another option is the Pirelli Diablo Strada...it uses the same compound as the regular Diablo but just has a lot more rubber and therefore a longer life...they are good for 7000+ miles, warm up to operating temps for road use quickly even in the winter, and stick well even on wet roads...great all around tire IMO
beerchug.gif
I'll have to second that on the Diablo Strada.  I replaced the stock tires on my '07 at 7000 miles with them just prior to a nice twisty weekend ride.  So far I'm real pleased with them with about 1500 miles on them so far.  When the time comes for a new set on the '08, I'll go with them again.

=Shannon=

I'm not sure if this thread isnt a wind up....

If the tyre wears down to the "wear marks" you replace it... in the UK you would get a fine and points on your licence for that tyre... its well past illegal... have you just done a few burn outs and posted this as a laugh?

Jza

We had state inspections here about 28 years ago where that would also have applied. I actually miss them for the most part. Today we have cars going down the interstate at 75mph held together with bailing wire
rock.gif

Do you guys change your own tires? I'm thinking about investing in a tire changer by Harbor Frieght. One Question however... the new tires on motorcycles today have a very small side wall and with the new compounds they use the tire is very very stiff. It must be difficult to break the bead and get the tire off the rim? Or am I over reacting?

bridgestone are the best!!!!!! and discard immediately this tire. you are in constant danger

Back