From Germany to N.Ireland and back - do i take the

Day 5 Tue - from Belfast to Portrush on the famous North Coast of Ireland

Race week involves various festivities as well as two practice evenings. Reggiebusa had recommended Station corner so that's where we met. Basically it's a right hand kink taken flat out in 5th on a Superbike after a mile long straight - it's one of the fastest corners in road racing and not for the faint hearted - riders or spectators.

Here's the straight

N.West_200__08_063200.jpg

for me this is the quintessential image of road racing - bike scorching past on open roads with spectators (who only have to pay on race day) a few feet away - the experience is truly unique and I feel lucky to be so close to the action and the thrill of a bike sport so raw and pure
bowdown.gif

The riders are without doubt some of the most courageous people around and although there have been various motions to try and have it banned, it reamins along with the Isle of Man TT races ( http://www.iomtt.com/ ) the last remaining expressions of a dying art - Long Live Road Racing!

N.West_200__08_067200.jpg

Day 6 - wed

Staying at the lovely Catherine's home who'll be putting up with me for the rest of the week
laugh.gif

She's a big Busa fan and after sampling both GS & Busa in Germany she came up with the names of "The Mistress" & "The Wife" - no prizes for guessing which one's which.

Warning - never disturb a chick when she's getting ready for work when you should be downstairs warming the bike up
whistling.gif
The plan was to run her to school where she works
umnik.gif
on the coastline in Ballycastle and then I'd have the rest of the day to play - yippee
cheerleader.gif

caxie.JPG

Back