From Germany to N.Ireland and back - do i take the

## EDIT UPDATE ##

My title Q was Do I take the Busa or the GS?

Of course it had to be the Busa
cool.gif

More fotos later as soon as I get on my hm PC.

Thanks for the positive comments guys - I'll try and keep the quality high with maybe a chick or two for good measure
laugh.gif

I was just wondering about Deb... the "before" and "After" pics
rock.gif

inquiring minds want to know but this one knows better
rofl.gif

more pics more pics more pics

Day 2 - by 8.30 pm we've completed the shirt crossing to Dover, England and to those who know a little of WW2 history the famous white cliffs were a welcome site to the retreating allied forces - now they have a more soothing effect as my ass needs a bath and my thirst needs a nice cool beer
laugh.gif

N.West_200__08_030200.jpg

A quick burger, beer and time for rest in my quaint little Bed & Brekfast in Dover.

Around 700 miles covered so far and tomorrow will be a long haul so it's time for some shut eye

N.West_200__08_032200.jpg

Day 3 Dover, England to Stranraer, Scotland in order to take the 2nd and final ferry to take me home to Ireland

Mileage to do - 550 miles

I left early @ 06.30 to avoid any traffic and get around London sharpish. Turned out it worked out fine as it was Sunday and conditions were fine.

First fuel & coffee stop about 50 miles north of London

N.West_200__08_033200.jpg

Hi Trev, was up at the NW200 myself, its an incredible place for adrenelin.

RIP Robert Dunlop, and then his young lad ges out and wins the next day...they are some family.

5pm and I'm already checked in and trying not to get in the way of the machines/egoes of the Gold Wing Owners Club
laugh.gif

Observations of riding in the UK once again? Well, the roads are congested, surface is crap and drivers are ill-disciplined and rude - mssing Germany already
boohoo.gif

N.West_200__08_041200.jpg

Day 4 Mon - a chance to relax and catch up with some old friends - first of all with Reggiebusa, a member of this site and one of my old school friends. We've both had a load of diff bikes since school but have now got K8s without any collusion - cool or what?
cool.gif
(he's got the slower orange one though
laugh.gif
)

During my K8 purchase I'd managed to keep the whole thing a secret from my brother. Called in to his work to give him a shock. My ploy was to ask him to step outside and see my new exhaust on my GS - you can see the Busa in the b/ground while he searches for the GS to the left that wasn't there
laugh.gif

He was well shocked and seemed to know all about the K8 after reading a recent road test - after a quick spin he declared it the "most mental bike I've ridden in 25yrs of riding bikes!" - sounds like a good summary to me.

N.West_200__08_045200.jpg

laugh.gif

Later that evening went for a spin along the local peninsula with one of my old Univ. chums, Victoria - she reckoned the Busa was a bit OTT and would have preferred the GS
sad.gif

N.West_200__08_053200.jpg

Back