Anyone race an R1?

In a straight-up drag race, NO R-1 WILL BEAT A COMPARABLY-PREPPED BUSA W/EQUAL-WT. RIDERS, cant be done-Yamaha wont keep the nose down well enuf.
In a flat-out top speed race LSR-Style, NO R-1 WILL BEAT A " ", cant be done- R-1 isnt geared to outrun a Busa.
<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>

All im saying is that my 2004 yamaha r1 has never lost to a stock busa and I have race plenty of them from a roll! On the drag racing subject my 04 r1 has never lost to a stock busa I have raced plenty of them! All im getting at it a 1000cc bike is faster bone stock then a busa but in all my drag racing days and I have been to the track and street racing alot I have never seen a stock busa that could beat a stock newer 1000cc bike with good riders from a roll or a dead stop! Mabey you have but stock 1000cc are mean these day im not downing busa's I love myn there just not somthing I would brag about if myn was bone stock thats all!

Thanks for serving [/quote]
Thank you so much!

Well I guess im not so good with the quotes but what i meant was thank you proud dad for the support!

I feel as though I am caught in a circular reference.....

whatsatre.png

Well, not trying to stir things up more but, I have been "informed" by an individual that has an R1, he can do 212 mph. I suggested he get a gps to confirm his results but he and others he rides with, also with liter bikes, think that they are faster than a 'busa. I have not put it to the test since they like to do their high speed runs on the interstate and I just am not that crazy!! I have been told more and more by other riders that most liter bikes will walk a busa, and they all seem to have "first hand experience" to back it up. If that was the case, you would think you would see more liter bikes breaking 200mph at the Texas Mile. Last I checked the list of bikes breaking 200mph was dominated by busas. It also makes me wonder if liter bikes are that fast, why does it appear that busa are one of the favorites for drag racing. I have nothing against the liter bikes; they are fast, no doubt. Can some of them beat a busa, sure, but, I find it hard to believe that they are that much faster than a bike designed to top near the two century mark is stock form.

Having both, I can give a little info on the subject.

When you take the TQ of the Busa out of the question, IE a roll on not from a dead stop, the Busa and the current crop of liter bikes are all extremely close. My Busa make close to 190rwhp and my R1 comes in right at 160 for now. Once speed picks up 60 plus MPH, my R1 feels like it pulls harder than my Busa does. Plus they make power in a different way.....

The R1 wants to separate your arms from your shoulders above 10k rpm and the Busa has steam from 5k plus to red line.

Well my out look is not top speed all im talking about is 1/4 mile and a 70 to about 170 thats all not 200 plus! I just think a 1000 is the way to go if your planing on leaving your bike bone stock! If your not and you plan on that and you want to drag racing the busa is by far the best bike out there I think!

"They say the best Busa is the one you never have to launch. I respectively disagree!" COMING SOON TO THEATRES... IRON FALCON
laugh.gif

You think we can get Captain to play the lead roll?!
ThumbsUp.gif

BTW , I like your quote in your siggy.
Navy Vet 10 years here as well.
Thank you for your service. Many members here have given up so many things to serve this country. Most of the people that haven't served will never know why, or understand it. My door is always open to a fellow serviceman in need.

/thread-jack
laugh.gif
Party at your place! Well, I may just need the garage space and technical know-how
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Litre bikes are no joke, unless you go on a 300 mile ride with one then you will be the one laughing when they have to lay on the pavement to straighten there back out. I have beet the couple of R1's I have raced, but honestly it sounds like your buddy shifted either a little later or little earlier than you and kept himself in his own power band better than you did. I beleive that the R1's have an adjustable shift light like the R6's and the owner before him might have dialed that light right in. So if your buddy was paying attention he could have dialed himself right in without knowing his own bike. I think what you should have asked in the initial post is, "what RPM's should I shift at while doing a role on drag, I got a R1 to demolish". Double check with the serious racers here and get your own shift points down and try again. I am betting you can negate that professional tune of his. Don't forget rider weight is going to play a role in this competition as well.

I like Vman speak from experience-having ridden a friends' well-tuned '05 R-1 for two weeks while getting my swingarm for the Busa sorted out I had ample oppourtunity to copmare the two on some of my favorite stretchs of interstate and city streets...that being said??

on stock wheelbase a Busa STILL wont cut corners as well as a nice litrebike will, but it can easily PASS one in a straight line if the RIDER can handle the bike...if tha juevos aint 'of proper proportion'
rock.gif
might as well not race, n keep tha panties from gettn dirty, then
firedevil.gif

R1_pics_008.jpg

Well im still sticking to the r1 pulling on the busa in a straight line stock to stock! I agree if they are both modded the busa will beat it in a straight line! I fell as if you did not get the right feel for the bike 2 weeks to know the r1 power band and were it runs best at just dont think you put it to the right test! It has no were near the same even close to the same style of power band as a suzuki busa or gsxr 1000. My r1 never failed vs a busa I have lost to a modded busa at the track a very modded busa at that but the highway the r1 just pulls so strong from thos speeds! I wish I still had it I would race any stock busa from a roll and put money on it I feel that strong on a r1 beating a busa!

Well im still sticking to the r1 pulling on the busa in a straight line stock to stock! I agree if they are both modded the busa will beat it in a straight line! I fell as if you did not get the right feel for the bike 2 weeks to know the r1 power band and were it runs best at just dont think you put it to the right test! It has no were near the same even close to the same style of power band as a suzuki busa or gsxr 1000. My r1 never failed vs a busa I have lost to a modded busa at the track a very modded busa at that but the highway the r1 just pulls so strong from thos speeds! I wish I still had it I would race any stock busa from a roll and put money on it I feel that strong on a r1 beating a busa!
Well, I guess actually you only won because the busa riders "didn't have juevos of proportionate size" and they "couldn't handle the bike".
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That said, my 13:1 1397 with ported head and nitrous has no trouble with a liter bike - but I guess that's apples to oranges.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Well I guess if we are putting it like that all 15-20 busa I have raced could not ride! You are right about the weight I only weight about 127 to 135 when I was racing but alot of those riders were close enuf to not be that dramatic of a diff so I guess that just mean were I live people cant ride? All in All I still have a busa and I would not lose to a 1000cc my self so I guess we agree on that!

Well I guess if we are putting it like that all 15-20 busa I have raced could not ride! You are right about the weight I only weight about 127 to 135 when I was racing but alot of those riders were close enuf to not be that dramatic of a diff so I guess that just mean were I live people cant ride? All in All I still have a busa and I would not lose to a 1000cc my self so I guess we agree on that!
You must not have read the post before yours.

I was just not referring to your post as others but besides the point everyone is going to think what they want to think! Its was a great topic kept me looking at the forums for a few days somthing to do!

Back